CX3 Commit Buffer Error Invalid Sequence and Image Lost

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaBR_4471921
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Hi have an sensor running at 30fps with 1828*998 resolutions connected to CX3 on Mipi and sending RAW12 data. I configure GPIF to transform RAw12 data  in 16 bits.

I am using USB block as CY_USB_BULK_STREAMING_ENDPOINT_OUT and my DMA SIZE is 24576 with 4 buffer.

To avoid Images corruption I reset DMA everytime CyU3PDmaMultiChannelCommitBuffer Function returning  CY_U3P_ERROR_INVALID_SEQUENCE (0x47).

Most of the time my PC received the Image at 30 fps but every 40sec/2min(not periodic)  I loose 4 to 10 Images but I can't loose Images for my algorithm.

I try to increase DMA SIZE (36000 with 3 buffer) but the problem is still present

Thanks,

Max

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Max,

Please confirm if you have referred to this KBA Invalid Sequence Error in Multi-Channel Commit Buffer - KBA218830 (This is for FX3 - UVC example). Similar changes need to be done in your firmware(CX3).

Please let me know the USB speed you are working on. USB Superspeed or Highspeed/Full speed?

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Max,

Please confirm if you have referred to this KBA Invalid Sequence Error in Multi-Channel Commit Buffer - KBA218830 (This is for FX3 - UVC example). Similar changes need to be done in your firmware(CX3).

Please let me know the USB speed you are working on. USB Superspeed or Highspeed/Full speed?

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hello Rashi,

You are right, I refer to this article. I implemented RESET Method when Commit Buffer return CY_U3P_ERROR_INVALID_SEQUENCE and I try to increase DMA size. But the problem always occurs

Regards,

Max

0 Likes

Hello Max,

>>Please let me know the USB speed you are working on? USB Superspeed (3.0) or Hihspeed/fullspeed (2.0)?

This error occurs when the host is slower to read the DMA buffers. You can try reducing the resolution or the frames per second.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

I'm using USB SuperSpeed. My CPU consumption is low (15%) and USB 3.0 is not overloaded (875Mbits/s). I think host can easily read DMA Buffer. I can't reduce resolution or frame rates.

Sincerely,

Max

0 Likes

Please let me know the UVC host application  and  the environment that you are using for your application.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

I have made a custom application getting usb packets with endpointInStreaming->XferData(buffer, size) and waiting for EOF packet to update fps . I am on Windows 10 compiling 32 bits application with msvc2015. and running on a PC with 32GB RAM and i7 Quad core 2,90GHz.

If you want I can try with other application.

Regards,

Max

0 Likes

Yes. Can you try using AMCap or e CamView UVC host applications and check.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

My Firmware is not an UVC Base Firmware and the viewer you give to me only works with UVC

Sincerely,

Max

0 Likes

Hello Max,

Can you probe the USB lines and share the traces. You can use wireshark for that.

Also, share the traces of HSYNC, VSYNC and PCLK.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes