[CX3] Can the CX3 receive data over DSI?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mahac_4159481
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The project I am working with has expanded in scope and will require some ISP functionality. Currently we are evaluating our options and I'm just trying to get some confirmation of compatibility.

We are looking at an MPU that has 1 4-lane CSI interface and 1 4-lane DSI interface. We'd like to have the image sensor on the CSI interface, MPU processes and then send the processed YUV data out over the DSI interface. Would the CX3 be able to receive the data from the MPU's DSI output as if it were an image sensor's CSI output for sending to the host PC as a UVC device? I have not been able to find too much information on this subject as to whether there is added data that the MIPI interface necessitates adding inline with pixel data that would impact the viability.

The FX3 and using a 32-bit parallel bus is also an option for but for routing considerations we'd prefer to use the CX3 with MIPI lanes.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

CX3 could not receive data from DSI interface but only CSI interface. It's just a CSI to USB bridge controller.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

CX3 could not receive data from DSI interface but only CSI interface. It's just a CSI to USB bridge controller.

0 Likes