CX3 AppInit:MipicsiInit Err = 0x55

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,We need the camera to initialize, and the mipi on the CX3 can be initialized successfully. If the new camera does not have the initial success, then the CX3 initialization will report the error AppInit:MipicsiInit Err = 0x55.

Our camera USES ov9282, which is the mipi data that we initialize and send to cx3.

In addition, does cx3 support the continue mode of mipi?Is there any continue mode information about the cx3 mipi?

0 Likes
1 Solution
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

1. Error 0x55 comes when there is CY_U3P_ERROR_LOST_ARBITRATION,

Refer errata 6 in the CX3 data.

It looks like you have a I2C Multi Master Implementation in your design.

if this is the case, you need to check whether the other Master (other than CX3) accessing the I2C bus and do CyU3PMipicsiInit.

You can use GPIO to know the status of I2C bus.

Like -

This GPIO should be asserted by the other device (accessing the I2C bus) and you should sample this GPIO and call the CyU3PMipicsiInit based on the status.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Refer Q.13 in this KBA: CX3 Hardware: Frequently Asked Questions - KBA91295

Question: Will CX3 support “Continuous MIPI clock” and “gated MIPI clock” modes?

Answer: Yes. CX3 support both clock modes. The CX3 chip recognizes the CSI clock by MIPI CSI LP to HS mode transition at the beginning. Therefore, after finishing the initialization of the CX3 MIPI bridge, the CSI clock must transit from LP to HS mode. You should use the following sequence in firmware if you are using the sensor in “continuous clock mode.”

• Upon receiving the Set_Cur (Commit control) request from the host, perform a MIPI reset (CyU3PMipicsiReset() with the reset type as Hard reset ).
  • Initialize the MIPI bridge (CyU3PMipicsiInit () )
  • Set the MIPI interface parameters (CyU3PMipicsiSetIntfParams ()).
  • Release the reset of the sensor (XRST) (CyU3PMipicsiSetSensorControl() ).
  • Configure the sensor.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

1. Error 0x55 comes when there is CY_U3P_ERROR_LOST_ARBITRATION,

Refer errata 6 in the CX3 data.

It looks like you have a I2C Multi Master Implementation in your design.

if this is the case, you need to check whether the other Master (other than CX3) accessing the I2C bus and do CyU3PMipicsiInit.

You can use GPIO to know the status of I2C bus.

Like -

This GPIO should be asserted by the other device (accessing the I2C bus) and you should sample this GPIO and call the CyU3PMipicsiInit based on the status.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Refer Q.13 in this KBA: CX3 Hardware: Frequently Asked Questions - KBA91295

Question: Will CX3 support “Continuous MIPI clock” and “gated MIPI clock” modes?

Answer: Yes. CX3 support both clock modes. The CX3 chip recognizes the CSI clock by MIPI CSI LP to HS mode transition at the beginning. Therefore, after finishing the initialization of the CX3 MIPI bridge, the CSI clock must transit from LP to HS mode. You should use the following sequence in firmware if you are using the sensor in “continuous clock mode.”

• Upon receiving the Set_Cur (Commit control) request from the host, perform a MIPI reset (CyU3PMipicsiReset() with the reset type as Hard reset ).
  • Initialize the MIPI bridge (CyU3PMipicsiInit () )
  • Set the MIPI interface parameters (CyU3PMipicsiSetIntfParams ()).
  • Release the reset of the sensor (XRST) (CyU3PMipicsiSetSensorControl() ).
  • Configure the sensor.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,srdr

Your answer successfully solved my problem,But now cx3 DMA cannot receive mipi data, No access to the CyCx3AppDmaCallback() function.

and the mipi end can be measured with data,Why can't receive data?

After setting the CyU3PMipicsiSetIntfParams (), I forced CyU3PDmaMultiChannelGetBuffer () data is fetched, but is 0

log:

EnterSuspendMode Status =  0x0, Wakeup reason = 0x8

CY_U3P_USB_EVENT_SUSPEND

CyU3PEventGet Status

EnterSuspendMode Status =  0x0, Wakeup reason = 0x8

CY_U3P_USB_EVENT_SUSPEND

CyU3PEventGet Status

EnterSuspendMode Status =  0x0, Wakeup reason = 0x8CX3_USB_APP_GET_DEF_REQ

CX3_USB_APP_GET_DEF_REQ

CX3_USB_APP_GET_DEF_REQ

CX3_USB_APP_GET_DEF_REQ

CX3_USB_APP_GET_DEF_REQ

CX3_USB_APP_GET_DEF_REQ

CyU3PMipicsiSetIntfParams 2560x720

CyU3PDmaMultiChannelGetBuffer   = 0x45  count=0x121 size=0x200  status=0x0

CyU3PDmaMultiChannelGetBuffer  buffer = 0  buffer = 0 buffer = 0 buffer = 0 buffer = 0

0 Likes

Looks like the MIPI configuration is wrong.

Probe the following lines.

CX3 pin#

Test Signal Name

H8

PCLK test signal

G6

HSYNC test signal

H5

VSYNC test signal

If only H8 toggles but not the other pins then MIPI CSI configuration may not be correct. Enter the correct values of MIPI CSI image sensor outputs in the tool and configure the PLL dividers appropriately so that the tool will not generate any errors. Make sure to use the latest CX3 configuration tool plugins.

We have provided the latest CX3 configuration tool here : EZ-USB FX3 Software Development Kit

Please share the screenshots of MIPI configuration tool.

Regards,

Sridhar

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello!

Currently, cx3 does not receive mipi data,The CyCx3AppDmaCallback() function cannot be entered.The test signal you mentioned, our hardware is not connected, can not be measured.

Below is my mipi configuration.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

thanks!

0 Likes

It looks like you are using older version of MIPI Configuration Tool.

Pleas install the latest version Download U Download Update to CX3 Configuration Eclipse Plug-inspdate to CX3 Configuration Eclipse P...  from here.

URL: EZ-USB FX3 Software Development Kit

Use this to generate the CX3 MIPI Configuration.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The following is the updated configuration. You can see if it is correct. After downloading the program, you can't receive the data. After generating the mipi parameters, you need to copy those contents, and I copy the structure of CyU3PMipicsiCfg_t OV5640_RAW8_1080p.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

thanks!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,srdr:

Our front end is the data sent by rk1608, not a standard sensor, is it related to this? Is there a non-sensor routine to provide our reference.

thanks!

0 Likes

When you say Non-Standard sensor, does not it comply with MIPI protocol?

Looks like you are trying mutliple resolutions.

Let us start with one resolution firstly, then make it work.

Later we can focus on other resolutions.

Start with 720P Firstly.

Configure the MIPI with 720P resolution.

0 Likes