CONTROL OUT transfer failed with Error Code:997

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Sivaraj_A
Level 2
Level 2
5 likes given 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi,

we are using an example code "UsbSpiGpioMode", from FX3 SDK 1.3 and verified a few transactions(Read, Write, and Erase) in the CX3 Denebola  Eval board using the Control Center utility. When trying to erase the page in SPI Flash memory, an error occurred as "CONTROL OUT transfer failed with Error Code:997". 

Detail info:

1. Write to SPI flash           - working
2. Read from SPI flash      - working
3. Erase SPI flash sector  - CONTROL OUT transfer failed with
                                                     Error Code:997

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi,

The Error Code 997 stands for ERROR_IO_PENDING i.e., Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. The data stage for the Control Out transfer is not complete in your case and hence resulted in this error code.

As per the SPI Erase implementation, there is no data stage for the SPI Erase command. You can provide the Sector number to be erased in the wIndex field and that sector will be erased on the execution of that command.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi,

The Error Code 997 stands for ERROR_IO_PENDING i.e., Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. The data stage for the Control Out transfer is not complete in your case and hence resulted in this error code.

As per the SPI Erase implementation, there is no data stage for the SPI Erase command. You can provide the Sector number to be erased in the wIndex field and that sector will be erased on the execution of that command.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes