CMP_CTRL in state machine of FX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
james4870291
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Dear Sirs,

My FX3 is acting as Master, FPGA as slave. I have three input signals from FPGA.(flag_a, flag_b, flag_c)

If I use CPM_CTRL in FX3 state machine, does it compare (flag_a, flag_b, flag_c) ?
(what does "control signals" mean?)

Thanks a lot.

master.JPG

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Please refer to the section 4.3.15 of the document gpif2_designer_userguide.pdf to understand more about the action CMP_CTRL. This document comes along with FX3 SDK and can be found in the following location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\GPIFII_Designer

Regarding your questions,

If I use CPM_CTRL in FX3 state machine, does it compare (flag_a, flag_b, flag_c) ?

>> CMP_CTRL can be used to compare flaga/flagb/flagc or a combination of these signals with a comparison value. Please refer to the document mentioned before to understand how this can be done. 
The control signals refers to any signal that is described as CTL[x] in the pin description section of FX3 datasheet. The link to the FX3 datasheet is given below:

https://www.cypress.com/file/140296/download

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76

Hello,

Please refer to the section 4.3.15 of the document gpif2_designer_userguide.pdf to understand more about the action CMP_CTRL. This document comes along with FX3 SDK and can be found in the following location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\GPIFII_Designer

Regarding your questions,

>> CMP_CTRL can be used to compare flaga/flagb/flagc or a combination of these signals with a comparison value. Please refer to the document mentioned before to understand how this can be done. 
The control signals refers to any signal that is described as CTL[x] in the pin description section of FX3 datasheet. The link to the FX3 datasheet is given below:

https://www.cypress.com/file/140296/download

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Dear Jayakrishna Sir,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I found CTL[x] definition in FX3 datasheet.

If I just want to compare whether {GPIO21(CTL[4]), GPIO23(CTL[6]), GPIO25(CTL[8])}=3'b101 or not,

how should I use and configure "CMP_CTRL" to accomplish this requirement?

Thank you very much

0 Likes
JayakrishnaT_76

Hello, 

For this requirement, you should unmask CTL[4], CTL[6] and CTL[8]. So, you can use the decimal equivalent of 9'b101010000 which is 336 as unmask value. After this, a comparison value needs to be specified. For your requirement, the comparison value can be set to 5 in decimal. Please try this and let us know the results.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes