Bulk transfer file send and file receive using cyusb_linux is not working

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
amulya_nr
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted First like received 10 sign-ins

Hi I am using FX3 USB superspeed hardware. I am trying to do file transfer from Master to Slave using cyusb_linux application. I have downloaded the latest application from your website. My OS is Ubuntu. I am getting the below errors LIBUSB_ERROR_TIMEOUT ,  LIBUSB_ERROR_OTHER and unable to clear halt data pipe. I want to transfer bulk files from master to slave. Kindly help me out in this. I have attached the screen shot. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
18 Replies
Biren_R
First question asked First like given 250 sign-ins

Hello,

Can you please provide details on which example FW you tested this? we like to reproducer this at our end.

Best Regards,
Biren

0 Likes
amulya_nr
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, My hardware is FX3 USB super Speed device with vendorId 04b4 and product Id 00f2. My OS is Ubuntu 18.04. version. I have installed Autoslave and Automaster code in hardware. I am running cyusb_linux (which i downloaded from your website ) from terminal which opens control center GUI application. I went to the tab Data Transfer and i selected master from list above. Then selected a file from data out and clicked on send button. File does not transfer and i get Libusb_timeout, libusb_other, libusb_error_IO errors. Even if the file is sent i cant receive the file in slave.

0 Likes
Biren_R

Hello,

Look like are you sending more than 16KB of data and don't have space in FX3 DMA to hold this data. so can you try like send less than 16KB files from the master and receive the same on the slave side?

You can update FW also to increase DMA size.

Best Regards,
Biren

0 Likes
amulya_nr
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I tried file transfer with file having 7 bytes, but got the the same error. I would like more information. Actually our requirement is this FX3 Super speed device should transfer 1GB of file. i do not want it to save in FX3. is it possible to transfer so from your application?? If not possible kindly suggest any other software or hardware of yours.  I have attached Test1.docx which i am trying to send and receive.

Thanks in advance

Amulya

0 Likes
Biren_R

Hello Amulya,

can you share Test1.docx and not get it in your replay?

We can transfer a 1GB file with Fx3 but you need to receive data at the other end at the same time, if you fail to receive data it will fail to send also because Fx3 can buffer only data based on DMA Size, if you cross it we will  fail to send.

Best Regards,
Biren

0 Likes

Hello,

I have attached the Document. I have written another application which keeps receiving data for any GB file but the thing is it is taking 10seconds to transfer  and receive 1GB file. So i wanted to switch back to your application.  Kindly tell how to solve this.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Biren_R

Hello Amulya,

I tested this file you share and we can transfer it with this tool because it is just 11KB, less than 16KB of data work without error because this is the size of DMA.

your requirements are not fulfilled with cyusb_linux tool out of the box, you need to handle the error and failures of data send and retry it. you may use cyusb_linux_1.0.5\src\06_setalternate.CPP and you need to retry data which get failed to send and replace random data with your file.

Best Regards,
Biren

0 Likes
amulya_nr
Level 2
Level 2

Hi tried all but speed of the file transfer is not as expected. It is taking 10 seconds to transfer 1GB of file. We have 2(Master and slave) applications and FX3 firmware i am not able to conclude which is taking more time to transfer data. Is there any way to know why the speed is low.

0 Likes
Biren_R

Hello Amulya,

If you test your setup with a streamer app then what throughput are you getting? if it does not get 350MBPS then you need to update FW.

Best Regards,
Biren

0 Likes

Hi,

I tested with streamer app but there was no output. I have attached the screenshot. Kindly guide me.

Thanks,

Amulya

0 Likes
Biren_R

Hello Amulya,

you need 2 PC and a test streamer app, in one PC you select master FX3 as the OP endpoint, and on another PC Slave FX3 as the input endpoint and test.

Or you can try with the attached FX3 FW ones this we tested with windows and we get 350MB/s.

Best Regards,
0 Likes
amulya_nr
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I programmed the above to my firmware after that it is not even detecting in control center application. Kindly guide me next steps.

Thanks,

Amulya N Rao 

0 Likes
Biren_R

Hello Amulya,

You need to update to "cyusb_linux_1.0.5\configs\cyusb.conf" file with this FW PID, please add below 2 lines in this file and save it.

04b4    F6F1        FX3 Streamer Example 1

04b4    F6F2        FX3 Streamer Example 2

And then run this 3 command 

sudo cp configs/cyusb.conf /etc/

sudo cp configs/88-cyusb.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/

sudo sh configs/cy_renumerate.sh

and reopen cyusb_linux it will show now FX3.

Best Regards
Biren
0 Likes
amulya_nr
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, I did the above task and ran streamer app but it dint work. I have attached the screenshots kindly check them and guide me.

0 Likes
Biren_R

Hello Amulya,

I can see in the attached image both devices are connected to one PC, As I said before you need 2 PC to test the streamer app, in one PC you select master FX3 as the Output endpoint, and on another PC Slave FX3 as the input endpoint and test.

Best Regards
Biren

0 Likes
amulya_nr
Level 2
Level 2

Dear Biren,

I did the test again as you suggested. But nothing came in output. I am attaching the screenshots.

Thanks,

Amulya

0 Likes
Biren_R

Hello,

Can you test the same setup with FX3_SDK_Linux\cyusb_linux_1.0.5\src\09_cyusb_performance app this will help to check the data transfer rate of device?

Regards,
Biren

0 Likes
Dear Biren,

i already made that setup nothing is working.

Thanks,
Amulya N Rao / Senior Engineer- Software Design
amulya.nr@tridentinfosol.com
Trident Infosol Pvt Ltd
Office: 080-42878752 / Fax: 080-41172390
Block A, Kushal Garden Arcade, 1A, Peenya Industrial Area, Phase II,
Bangalore - 560058, India
www.TridentInfosol.com

This e-mail message may contain confidential or legally privileged information and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information herein is prohibited. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, or contain viruses. Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is deemed to have accepted these risks. Company Name is not responsible for errors or omissions in this message and denies any responsibility for any damage arising from the use of e-mail. Any opinion and other statement contained in this message and any attachment are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
0 Likes