Bulk data and Interrupt data in FX3 Device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Aniket_
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 25 sign-ins First like given

I want to send Bulk data as well as interrupt data through FX3 device Can i implement it in CYUSB3014?

Regards,

Aniket

0 Likes
1 Solution
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi Aniket,

"Implement i2c data read event when host requests data."

-Host can send vendor commands to FX3 to implement events. Firmware on the FX3 must handle this vendor command as per the application(here, reading i2c data). Kindly refer to the UsbI2cRegMode and UsbI2cDmaMode FX3 SDK examples on this implementation.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello Aniket,

Can you please elaborate your requirement so that we can understand more and suggest the best possible solution for you.

Regarding your question, it is possible to send bulk and interrupt data from a host to FX3 device.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hello,

Currently I am sending Bulk data from Host(PC) to FX3 device with two end points, which is working perfectly fine. Now I want to read data from I2c slave connected to FX3 device and send it to host without disturbing the previous bulk data transfer. In this case I want to implement i2c data read event when host requests that data. I have also tested the usb interrupt transfer the independently it is working okay. but now i want  to club the both applications. Is it right approach? and how to define device descriptor for the same?

Regards, 

Aniket

0 Likes
Aniket_
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Jayakrishna,

Currently I am sending Bulk data from Host(PC) to FX3 device with two end points, which is working perfectly fine. Now I want to read data from I2c slave connected to FX3 device and send it to host along with previous bulk data transfer. In this case I want to implement i2c data read event when host requests that data.

Regards,

Aniket.

0 Likes
Aniket_
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Jayakrishna,

What could be the best Solution for Same? 

Regards,

Aniket.

0 Likes
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi Aniket,

"Implement i2c data read event when host requests data."

-Host can send vendor commands to FX3 to implement events. Firmware on the FX3 must handle this vendor command as per the application(here, reading i2c data). Kindly refer to the UsbI2cRegMode and UsbI2cDmaMode FX3 SDK examples on this implementation.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes