Beginner FX3 questions. Eclipse or PSoC Creator?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BobaJFET
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 25 sign-ins 5 questions asked

Hello Infineon community. I’m a developer new to PSoC and FX3. I am most familiar with STM32, AVR, and traditional MCU programming so it’s been challenging making the switch. I have a little FPGA experience as well. 

I’m using CYUSB3KIT-003 for my project. One of the things that’s confused me is which IDE to use. I notice there is an IDE that came with the FX3 suite called eclipse. But in cypress PSoC tutorials I see a lot of demos using PSoC creator. How exactly is eclipse different from PSoC creator and which should I use? 

Secondly, id like to learn to use basic I2C with the CYUSB3014 to communicate with a slave device, like I would with any non PSoC MCU. What should I be learning in order to get to this goal? 

Thank you. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi,

PSoC™ Creator is an Integrated Design Environment (IDE) that enables concurrent hardware and firmware editing, compiling, and debugging of PSoC™ and FM0+ systems.

For FX3, we provide an IDE named EZ USB Suite(based on eclipse) with FX3 SDK. Please download the FX3 SDK here.

We have two I2C examples in our FX3 SDK in the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples" named cyfxusbi2cregmode and cyfxusbi2cdmamode after the installation of FX3 SDK in Windows. You can use these to get started with your I2C application.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi,

PSoC™ Creator is an Integrated Design Environment (IDE) that enables concurrent hardware and firmware editing, compiling, and debugging of PSoC™ and FM0+ systems.

For FX3, we provide an IDE named EZ USB Suite(based on eclipse) with FX3 SDK. Please download the FX3 SDK here.

We have two I2C examples in our FX3 SDK in the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples" named cyfxusbi2cregmode and cyfxusbi2cdmamode after the installation of FX3 SDK in Windows. You can use these to get started with your I2C application.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes