Application with FPGA and FX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaG
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Dear Sir or Madame,

we are currently developing an application in which we are using a panasonic active optical converter (AOC). The AOC however is not able to transmit all the signals in usb3 training signal procedure (LTSSM), because it is only capable of transmitting higher frequency signals.

In order to solve this issue panasonic suggested using the cypress fx3 and a fpga and informed us, that this solution is known to be possible.

The configuration should look like this:

MaG_0-1635326778529.jpeg

Panasonic encouraged us to contact our „FPGA supplier or Cypress for details“.

In conclusion, I’m asking you for the more information for the described application. Is there a „ready-to-use“ application with the code for the FX3 and the FPGA? Which FPGA can/ should be used?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hi,

Please let me know if you downloaded the  AN65974.zip attached with the app note. This folder has the FPGA files for the FPGA used in the app note

Please let me know if are looking for something else

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

FX3 provides  GPIF II interface which is a programmable state machine that enables a flexible interface that may function either as a master or slave.

Please refer to FX3 datasheet for more details on GPIF interface. 

For interfacing FPGA to FX3 over GPIF, the following application note can be referred https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an65974-designing-ez-usb-fx3-slave-fifo-inte...

Please note that GPIF block provides a parallel interface and not LVDS interface.

You can also refer to SX3  https://www.cypress.com/products/ez-usb-sx3-superspeed-usb-31-gen1-peripheral-controller

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hello Rashi,

thank's for your reply! But is there a implemented solution with code for a fpga for the described use-case that you can supply?

regards,

MaG

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa

Hi,

Please let me know if you downloaded the  AN65974.zip attached with the app note. This folder has the FPGA files for the FPGA used in the app note

Please let me know if are looking for something else

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hi,

do you mean the "Code Examples"?

Regards,

Martin

0 Likes
MaG
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I've found it sry.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Martin

0 Likes