Any TEST EXAMPLE to check FX3 to USB2.0 (PC) route working well?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AKS
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins 10 questions asked 50 replies posted

Hi, I am working with FX3 development kit. I want to check whether my FX3 is working well with USB2.0 when connected to PC USB2.0. Is there any test example in SDK, which I can refer to do so?

Please suggest~

Best Regards,

/Ash

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi Ash-san,

You can download the FX3 SDK from https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/design-support/tools/sdk/usb-controllers-sdk/ez-usb-fx3-software-dev...

After SDK installation, you can find the installation files here "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK".

As a test example, to communicate with PC USB 2.0 Host, you can find the HID Mouse Example here "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\hid_examples\cyfx3_hid"

Thanks,
Ajeeth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Ajeethkumar_P

Hi Ash-san,

You can download the FX3 SDK from https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/design-support/tools/sdk/usb-controllers-sdk/ez-usb-fx3-software-dev...

After SDK installation, you can find the installation files here "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK".

As a test example, to communicate with PC USB 2.0 Host, you can find the HID Mouse Example here "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\hid_examples\cyfx3_hid"

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes

@Ajeethkumar_P Thanks for your prompt reply. 🙂

well, I tested it and I can see log "CyU3PDebugPrint (4, "Packet %d Status %d\r\n", i, status);" on UART when pressing the button on FX3. this seems from FX3-to-UART not FX3-to-USB2.0. 

How can I cross check the USB2.0 connected to FX3?

Please suggest~ Thanks.

Best Regards,

/Ash

0 Likes
Ajeethkumar_P

Hi Ash-san,

I have couple of questions to clarify.

1. What do you mean by UART here? Did you mean that you have seen the logs in the any of the serial terminal in the PC?
2. Did you connected the USB cable from USB SS port of FX3 dev kit to USB 2.0 Port in PC? Please give more information on your setup.
3. Were you able to verify the tracking movement of cursor(Circular pattern) on monitor when pressing the button on FX3?

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes

@Ajeethkumar_P .

1. Yes, I can see the logs in serial terminal on PC when press the button. like here.... Ash_0-1640759112171.png

2. Yes, exactly the same setup I did.

3. Yes, the cursor moves in circle when button pressed. 

So, this means that FX3 to USB2.0 (PC) routing works well. right?

The same USB2.0 configuration I can use it for another application, to transfer the data from sensor to USB2.0 via FX3. (Sensor--->FX3---->USB2.0(PC). Is that correct?

Please suggest~

Thanks,

Best Regards,

/Ash

0 Likes
Ajeethkumar_P

Hi Ash-san,

As your PC USB host supports only USB 2.0 in your setup, FX3 to USB2.0 (PC) routing works well.

Yes, you can use this example as a reference to transfer the sensor data to PC. But, you have to change the Device descriptors and Report descriptors in the firmware as per your application. You might also need PC application software to receive the data based on your application.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes

@Ajeethkumar_P Thanks for your suggestion.

well, I was trying to interface a camera sensor as in here "[FX3+ov7670:] UVC: Completed 25 frames and 0 buffers", but stucked so I wanted to cross check the FX3-to-USB routing. And I have shared whatever requested from the member to check, but I am not getting further update on it...

If can you please help me in this regard, it would be much helpful.
Please help! Its urgent.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

/Ash

0 Likes
Ajeethkumar_P

Hi Ash-san,

I have replied in the above mentioned thread.

Thanks,

Ajeeth

0 Likes