After PC Complete FinishDataXfer(), Notify FX3 on Auto DMA Mode?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HuYa_4249091
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi, I knew the manual DMA mode could get a callback from PC, if PC has already received data from DMA buffer by FinishDataXfer().

However, I use AUTO DMA mode now. I need to do something on FX3 after PC has received desired data size.

Now, my way is PC send a no-data request by control endpoint after that.

Curiously, is there any function or mechanism from FX3 API to get the information on AUTO DMA mode?

Best Regards,

Hughes

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Hughes,

Yes. AUTO_SIGNAL is not available for ManytoOne channel.

Are my comments in my first post correct? Do you want to know the consume event in the firmware?

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Hemanth

Hi Hughes,

Referring to the below comment of yours:

"I knew the manual DMA mode could get a callback from PC, if PC has already received data from DMA buffer by FinishDataXfer()"

Do you mean after data is consumed by the Host, you get a CONS event. And do you want such event in Auto mode.

If yes, then you can try AUTO_SIGNAL mode.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

Dear Hemanth:

Thanks for your reply!

I've studied the C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\dma_examples\cyfxbulklpautosig example base on v1.3.4, and understood the basic concept for the AUTO SIGNAL mode.

However, in our case, it uses  DMA AUTO MANY TO ONE mechanism.

DMA auto many to one setting.jpg

CyU3PDmaMultiType_t definition:

DMA auto many to one setting.jpg

It seems like that it don't provide the DMA AUTO SIGNAL MANY TO ONE item. Does that mean it don't support AUTO SIGNAL while using DMA MANY TO ONE?

Best Regards,

Hughes

0 Likes
Hemanth

Hi Hughes,

Yes. AUTO_SIGNAL is not available for ManytoOne channel.

Are my comments in my first post correct? Do you want to know the consume event in the firmware?

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

Dear Hemanth:

Thanks for your reply!

I have experience to use "DMA manual many to one" for UVC structure before, so I think I know the basic behavior for CyU3PDmaChannelConfig_t::notification & CyU3PDmaChannelConfig_t::cb.

I've got what I want!

Thank you so much!!

Hughes

0 Likes