Add file system to CYUSB3KIT-003 development kit so then it will be detected as device.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anup
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First question asked Welcome!

Dear All,

We are using CYUSB3KIT-003 development kit and we want to add file system (FAT) to the device. So that it will detect as device when we connect to any OS.

So how to add file system to the CYUSB3KIT-003?

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Based on my understanding, you would like to integrate a file system (FAT) to your USB storage device. If my understanding is correct, then CYUSB3KIT-003 cannot be used. This is because CYUSB3KIT-003 internally makes use of CYUSB3014 which does not support storage ports. For your application, you can make use of CYUSB3035 (FX3S). The link to the datasheet of CYUSB3035 is given below:

https://www.cypress.com/file/139246/download

We have a FATFS based example project for FX3S and it can be found in the following location of FX3 SDK:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\storage_examples\cyfx3s_fatfs

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Based on my understanding, you would like to integrate a file system (FAT) to your USB storage device. If my understanding is correct, then CYUSB3KIT-003 cannot be used. This is because CYUSB3KIT-003 internally makes use of CYUSB3014 which does not support storage ports. For your application, you can make use of CYUSB3035 (FX3S). The link to the datasheet of CYUSB3035 is given below:

https://www.cypress.com/file/139246/download

We have a FATFS based example project for FX3S and it can be found in the following location of FX3 SDK:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\storage_examples\cyfx3s_fatfs

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes