Add custom byte information into Pyload Header or to the end of the frame in CX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ArSa_3842301
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi,

I am currently working with a CX3 in order to transfer data frame from a CIS sensor to the host. 

I need  to send some custom information with each frame for, but I don't know if it is possible to modify or add byte information into Payload Header or to the end of the frame.

Please could you give me same advice about how to do that? I guess I will have to modify the DMA buffer size in order to add byte information. But I would like to know if there are already some bytes that I can modify without to change the DMA buffer size.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Please refer to the following thread where a similar query was asked before:

https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-Superspeed-Peripherals/cx3-How-to-send-extra-data-to-host-via/...

Please let me know if this is not your requirement. Also, please let me know if you need any clarifications on the responses given in the above thread.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Please refer to the following thread where a similar query was asked before:

https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-Superspeed-Peripherals/cx3-How-to-send-extra-data-to-host-via/...

Please let me know if this is not your requirement. Also, please let me know if you need any clarifications on the responses given in the above thread.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Before starting to modify the CX3_UVC_STREAM_BUF_SIZE.
I know that there is a UVC DMA buffer footer buffer which recently has 4 bytes.

I just want to send to host a single byte information. For this reason, Could I modify one of these 4 footer bytes which already are in buffer? Or these 4 footer bytes are not settable?

On the other hand, I have seen the CyCx3UvcAppAddHeader() function to write  the header information. How could we do in case to write information in the footer? I guess It could be similar but changing the pointer address

0 Likes

Hello,

Please let us know where exactly do you want to add the custom data in the video frame? Is it at the end of the last partial buffer or do you want to add information in each DMA buffer sent to the host?

Also, please let me know the amount of bytes to be added. Is it just one byte or is it a set of bytes?

Instead of adding data to footer, you can directly add data to the end of the DMA buffer and modify the DMA buffer size & footer size appropriately as mentioned in the thread link shared before.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes