Add another UART in CX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jayesh_joshi
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 10 questions asked 25 sign-ins

Hi All,

We are using CYUSB3065-BZXC. We forgot to put GPIO48 and GPIO49 on the design for our custom boards. But we do have access to GPIO17 to GPIO45 on custom hardware. Can I add UART on these pins? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi,

The Tx Rx signals of the UART block inside CX3 are connected to the GPIO 48 and 49. Hence, no other GPIOs apart from these can be used as UART pins.
UART bit banging can be done on the remaining GPIOs, but unfortunately we do not have example code to prove the same.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi,

The Tx Rx signals of the UART block inside CX3 are connected to the GPIO 48 and 49. Hence, no other GPIOs apart from these can be used as UART pins.
UART bit banging can be done on the remaining GPIOs, but unfortunately we do not have example code to prove the same.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes
jayesh_joshi
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 10 questions asked 25 sign-ins

@AliAsgar 

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have also started working on bit-banging UART as I will only need to transmit the data.

If you have any suggestions/examples for CX3 or generalize examples. Please share.

0 Likes

Hi,

For example firmware projects for CX3, please refer to FX3 SDK. We have firmware projects for CX3 interfaced with OV5640 and AS0260. You can download the FX3 SDK from the Infineon Developer Center.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes