About USB3.0 equipment with the host power, after entering the low power how to deal with

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

The USB3.0 device is powered on with the host, which is accompanied by a low power consumption mode, that is, the device will be sent by the host CY_U3P_USB_EVENT_SUSPEND event, I call the function in the CyU3PSysEnterSuspendMode function to enter the low power mode, but this sometimes Will lead to my USB3.0 device boot after the unknown device, the use of the SDK is FX3 1.3.1 SDK

Will the CyU3PSysEnterSuspendMode function specific methods of operation, and whether there will be unable to wake up after the problem, there are ways to solve the problem?

Thank you

0 Likes
7 Replies
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

We have an example project which demonstrates the use of CyU3PSysEnterSuspendMode().

FX3 SDK Path: \EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\dma_examples\cyfxbulklpauto

Can you check with this whether you have the same issue?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello

I have already referred to the firmware code for this project. Only deal with CY_U3P_USB_EVENT_SUSPEND event is handled in the incident, not through the signal to complete the notice, I think this should be no problem, but not the same way to achieve.

Do you have any suggestions?

There is also a problem is the FX3 1.3.1 SDK API interface provided CyU3PSysEnterSuspendMode failure to wake up the phenomenon, which led to the equipment does not work properly? If so, how can I handle it to avoid, the test is in the device access to the host, with the host power -> power -> then power on, repeated this operation.

0 Likes

How are you making sure that the host is putting the device into suspend?

Are you putting the host into sleep?

OR

you are powering OFF and ON the host (so that the host  PC re-boots)?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Is the case, the host power failure, the device into the host comes with Intel's USB3.0 port, this time the device is not powered, the next steps are as follows:

1, the host power on, that is, the device also follow the host power on,  this time the host will produce a CY_U3P_USB_EVENT_SUSPEND event, I received the event call CyU3PSysEnterSuspendMode interface, so that equipment into suspendmode

2, the host starts, open the device

3, the host power off,the device power off

Repeat steps 1-3 above

0 Likes

In default example, the wakeup source is set to USB BUS Activity. Have you modified it?

Are you using I2C EEPROM or SPI Flash for booting purpose? What is the PMODE Settings?

Are you using Cypress DVK (CYUSB3KIT-001/003) or your board?

can you confirm whether your device is self-powered(powered by external supply) or Bus powered(powered by USB cable)?

Do you have any USB Analyzer to capture the USB protocol Trace?

Regards,

Sridhar

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

1、no modified

2、BootMode is config as 0F1 .which is boot from SPI FLASH

3、our camera design with Cypress CYUSB3014

4、our camera design is Bus Powered(powered by USB cable)

5、The agreement is based on the standard

At present, the result of our verification is that after calling CyU3PSysEnterSuspendMode into low power consumption, sometimes the device can not be awakened.

Is there any way to handle it now?

Regards

Thank you

0 Likes

Please use unmodified USB Bulk Loop Auto example project.

Take the USB Trace with any Software Analyzer (Example: Bus Hound ) and share with us?

Also share the UART Logs.

0 Likes