AN75779 non-standard resolution

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sbattazzo_arc
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hello all,

I got my modified AN75779 setup working with standard resolutions, especially 640 x 480, 720p or 1080p.

So far I have not been able to get anything working in a non-standard resolution greater than 1080p, or even a semi standard one like 2560 x 1440 or 2560 x 1600. Is UVC Video just not compatible with these, or is there any extra trick to getting that going?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

I hope that the descriptors are set properly and the image sensor is configured correctly for the desired resolution. Please confirm the same. Also, please replace the Max video frame size in bytes field of the probe control structure (glProbeCtrl) with the maximum frame size that is used in your application. In the default ptoject, this field is configured to the frame size required for streaming 1080p in YUY2 format.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76

Hello,

I hope that the descriptors are set properly and the image sensor is configured correctly for the desired resolution. Please confirm the same. Also, please replace the Max video frame size in bytes field of the probe control structure (glProbeCtrl) with the maximum frame size that is used in your application. In the default ptoject, this field is configured to the frame size required for streaming 1080p in YUY2 format.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
sbattazzo_arc
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Jayakrishna,

I believe I did try to set those numbers.. example for 2560x1600 here are some snippets:

0x00, 0x0A, /* Width in pixel:2560 */
0x40,0x06, /* Height in pixel:1600*/

and for frame size in bytes:

0x00, 0x00, 0x7D, 0x00,

corresponding to 0x7D0000 which is 2560*1600*2=8192000 bytes.

At that resolution I noticed a small mistake on the sensor.c side where I populated the width and height registers, so that may have been the trouble. I will try to fix that and check back.

Is the UVC system supposed to be compatible with any resolution, or should it be from a list of standard resolutions? I'm having trouble finding clear and concise info on that.

0 Likes
JayakrishnaT_76

Hello,

Please let me know if the maximum frame size field of probe control structure (glProbeCtrl) is also populated with 0x00, 0x00, 0x7D, 0x00.

We have seen other customers using non standard resolutions. Also, I had tested the following resolutions using Denebola kit (which actually makes use of CX3 but the camera binds to UVC driver):

1. 1916*1080

2. 1916*1079

3. 1916*1078

4. 1916*1077

So, I dont think that there is a list of standard resolutions supported by UVC.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
sbattazzo_arc
Level 1
Level 1

Oh yes, I may have only updated it in the configuration descriptor and I missed gProbeCtrl. I can check this in the morning and report back!

0 Likes
sbattazzo_arc
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks -- it was the glProbeCtrl part that I was missing. With that set to the frame size for 1080p then I was able to do 1080p and below. I updated it and now I'm able to get my entire sensor width and height which is non standard, and the stock Windows camera app can capture it. So I now have what I needed from this nice dev board!

0 Likes
JayakrishnaT_76

Hello,

Thank you for the update. We are glad to hear that the issue is resolved.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes