AN65974 example design not working without any user modification

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
yakac_3966841
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to bring up the AN65974 example design with the SP601 XILINX board and CYUSB3KIT-003. I am using both SDK files and FPGA bit file as is. I am trying to test the loopback mode as described at the application note. The switches on the SP601 board are as explained at the note (1,3 ON , 2,4 OFF). Jumper J5 is open, the rest are closed. The image I download to the FX3 is the "SF_loopback.img" located at the ../FX3 Firmware\SlaveFifoSync\Release folder.

But, I am getting the 997 timeout error when trying to do the BULK IN transfer after sending the TEXT.TXT file as BULK OUT.

When I ran into these problems, I opened the XILINX project provided with the AN65974  and added a Chipscope Core. I observe no bus activity whatsoever between the FPGA and the FX3 during the first stage (BULK OUT)  when I am sending the TEST.TXT file. This explains the fact that nothing comes back...

Please advise what am I missing here.

0 Likes
1 Solution

- As I posted earlier - please try to use 'Transfer data' button and enter 1024 in 'Bytes to transfer' field. When you see 1024 bytes getting transferred in control center, then do IN to test.

- After doing 'Transfer File' do you confirm that there is no activity on the FX3-FPGA interface lines?

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

- What is the size (in bytes) of the text file that you are sending?

- Are you using Control center application? Instead of sending the file, can you use 'Transfer Data' button?

- Also please check if you are getting DMA callback in the firmware.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes

Hi

I am using your application note text file which is 1 KB (TEST.TXT). And I do use the Control Center application. I will see how to check the DMA in firmware (can you point me where to look for it? I am FPGA designer, not SW programmer).

This is what I get for data transfer:

BULK OUT transfer

0000 89 BA CD EF

BULK OUT transfer completed

BULK IN transfer

Zero-length data transfer completed

Actually I got this once. Next few attempts I got the error also:

BULK IN transfer

BULK IN transfer failed with Error Code:997

0 Likes

You can look for variable 'glDMARxCount' in the UART Debug print after sending the file.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes

Well, I will need our SW guys to help me on this if I have to dig in these matters. Anything hardware - related you can think of? As I change nothing in your application files, this looks like some hardware - related problem...

0 Likes

- As I posted earlier - please try to use 'Transfer data' button and enter 1024 in 'Bytes to transfer' field. When you see 1024 bytes getting transferred in control center, then do IN to test.

- After doing 'Transfer File' do you confirm that there is no activity on the FX3-FPGA interface lines?

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes

OK thanks I think I have it running now. It looks like a stupid problem of the 3 PCBs stacked one on top of another, there was a contacts problem. I have the file transfer working now.

0 Likes

Okay!

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes