Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

USB superspeed peripherals

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I'm currently trying to boot my FX3S from eMMC. Before, I had selected "boot from SPI, from USB on failure" (pmode = 0Z1), which worked well. Now I just tried switching to "boot from eMMC, from USB on failure" (pmode = 000) after having written exactly the same *.img to BOOT1 of my eMMC, starting at block #0. The PC recognizes an "unknown device" and fails to start (not even the ROM image which I expect in case of failure shows up). Looking into FX3S design resources, I find a link to AN76405, which does not comment on eMMC booting.

Is there any application note about eMMC booting?
Need there to be special settings when generating the *.img file for eMMC? Any hint?

Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally, I made a little step in the right direction:

With "cyfwstorprog", I programmed the image successfully and started to search for differences. The only one was that partition BOOT1 was set to CY_U3P_SIB_LUN_DATA instead of CY_U3P_SIB_LUN_BOOT.

As partitions BOOT1 and BOOT2 are not in the USER partition part, I have no access when partitioning the device, so I cannot change them using CyU3PSibPartitionStorage.

So my question: How can I modify the partition type of the boot partitions?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found out that by myself, in meantime: It's done by patching the Ext. CSD register 0xB3 (i.e. using "CyU3PSibSendSwitchCommand").

0 Likes