8 Bit GPIF Interface wavefrom

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ThM_3776866
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given Welcome!

Hai all,

I am working on cypress FX3 cypress. I created "cyfxgpif2config" file by using GPIF designer tool and I saw the timing diagram in GPIF designer tool it showing waveform I attached this in below.

In this wave from Data is write when WR signal is low. But we made WR Pin as Active high signal in GPIF designer tool. According to my knowledge the data should write when WR signal is High. which one is true ( WR=1 or WR=0). please do the needful.

wave form.PNG

In my muster device will write a data when WR signal is high but I got Output as all zeros value. I attached image.Capture.PNG

Thank you

Beast Regards,

Thrimurthi M

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Thrimurthi,

In slave fifo example SLWR, SLRD pins are input so it doesn't make much difference whether you select it as Active High or Active Low. To reverse the functionality you have to make changes in the state transaction equations in state machine diagram.

Please note that to see the real waveform you have to probe the physical lines, don't rely on the timing diagrams shown by GPIF designer tool.

Thanks & Regards
Abhinav

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ThM_3776866
Level 4
Level 4

Master*

0 Likes

Hi Thrimurthi,

In slave fifo example SLWR, SLRD pins are input so it doesn't make much difference whether you select it as Active High or Active Low. To reverse the functionality you have to make changes in the state transaction equations in state machine diagram.

Please note that to see the real waveform you have to probe the physical lines, don't rely on the timing diagrams shown by GPIF designer tool.

Thanks & Regards
Abhinav

0 Likes
ThM_3776866
Level 4
Level 4

Thank Abhinav sir.  Now I able to write the data to cypress by using Slave FIFO application I changed in state diagram write sate equation.

Thank you.

with Best Regards,

Thrimurthi M

0 Likes