关于CYUSB3014 massstorage demo的一些问题 -- 格式化U盘的问题

公告

大中华汽车电子生态圈社区并入开发者社区- 更多资讯点击此

Tip / 登入 to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
woyaox
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

你好

CYUSB3014有个demo是 massstorage。 是使用内部的RAM来实现一个mass storage或者U盘的功能。

我有两个问题,

一,这个demo实现的mass storage,在第一次连到host,比如win10时候,会弹出提示需要格式化。能否在代码中做一些修改,使得3014在上电后就是格式化完成的状态?如果实现不了,具体原因是啥?

二,如果上面的一无法实现,那么,我能使用一个64Kb或者256Kb的EEPROM,透过I2C总线来代替这个RAM么?这样的话,在完成格式化,并断电后。再次上电并连到win10上的时候,是否就不会弹出格式化的提示了?

0 点赞
1 解答
Biren_R
First question asked First like given 250 sign-ins

Hello,

If your final application does not need to save files after power restart, you can just integrate the file system with this application. You can use a reference for the file system project on this path (C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\storage_examples\cyfx3s_fatfs) and you need to make your custom code by mixing both examples.

- it asked for format because file system is not configure so every time we plug Fx3 windows try to format block of memory and create filesystem, if we init part of ram with proper filesystem then we will not get this format popup every time.   

Best Regards,
Biren

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 点赞
6 回复数
Biren_R

Translation of Question

Some questions about cyusb3014 massstorage demo -- formatting USB flash disk

Hello

Cyusb3014 has a demo called massstorage. Internal RAM is used to realize the function of a mass storage or USB flash disk.

I have two questions,

1. Regarding the mass storage implementation in this demo, a prompt will pop up asking for formatting, when it is connected to the host, such as win10, for the first time. Can you make some changes in the code so that 3014 is formatted after power on? If not, what is the specific reason?

2. If the above one cannot be implemented, can I use a 64KB or 256Kb EEPROM to replace this RAM through the I2C bus? In this case, after formatting and powering off, when I power on again with connected to win10, will the formatting prompt pop up still?

0 点赞
Biren_R

Hello,

1. it asks to format the disk because in this example data is stored in RAM once you power off and on the device, it does not retain file storage information on RAM, so it always asks to format the device every time. You can test the same code with just reset and it will not ask for format. 

2. If you replace RAM data storage with I2C EEPROM then you will not get this format popup every time, maybe you need to integrate the filesystem also. 

Best Regards,
Biren

0 点赞
woyaox
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Biren

As I know,  some application also use RAM to build a USB disk, but no need format when the first power

But I don't know how to do that,

Do you have any thoughts on this?

I'm sure there is no EEPROM in that case, I checked the board.

0 点赞
Biren_R

Hello,

If your final application does not need to save files after power restart, you can just integrate the file system with this application. You can use a reference for the file system project on this path (C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\storage_examples\cyfx3s_fatfs) and you need to make your custom code by mixing both examples.

- it asked for format because file system is not configure so every time we plug Fx3 windows try to format block of memory and create filesystem, if we init part of ram with proper filesystem then we will not get this format popup every time.   

Best Regards,
Biren

0 点赞
woyaox
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Biren

Yes, I just don't want to see the  format popup when power on.

And no files need to be saved in RAM disk.

Let me try, thanks

0 点赞
woyaox
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Biren

We see some code below in demo cyfx3s_fatfs

/* Pre-mount all storage volumes. */
for (b = 0; b < _VOLUMES; b++)
{
rc = f_mount(b, &Fatfs[b]);
if (rc)
CyFXUartPrint (0, "MOUNT ERROR\r");
}

What's this using?

In my requirement, could you help to list those codes/functions that needs merge?

we are not femilar with file system, but want to fast resolve this.

thanks

0 点赞