Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

USB low-full-high speed peripherals Forum Discussions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Anand!

1,In the endpoint descriptor,when in isochronous transfer the bmAttributes's bit 3:2 defines Synchronization Type as :No Synchronization/Asynchronous/Adaptive/Synchronous, what's the differences among them?  To maximrize the transfer speed, how to set it?

2,The bmAttributes's bit 5:4 defines Usage Type as :Data endpoint/Feedback endpoint/Implicit feedback Data endpoint, what's the differences among them?  

Thank you!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking at your question I assume you're talking about a specific USB class protocol and not generic USB protocol. Is my understanding right? If so please let me know the protocol  you're referring to, if you can provide me a link to the document you're referring it would be much better.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        oh,I just be curious about it when I read the standard endpoint descriptor in USB specification's chapter 9.6.6. I don't know how to set the value. but I have transfered succesfully when set them to zero.Thank you! Anand.Best Regards.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've not really paid attention to this part of the spec. Section 5.12.4 (page 72) seems to explain this in detail.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes