non volatile memory for an encore V chip

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mikewax
Level 1
Level 1
5 likes given 5 sign-ins 5 replies posted

What's the easiest option if i'm using an encore chip, CY7C64315, and i need to store a few persistant bytes of data?

thanx, mike

0 Likes
1 Solution
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello @mikewax ,

You are right, you can use the code you have illustrated in the prior post. With one exception - CySetTemp() is not available in PSoC Designer. 

You will have to use Incremental ADC (Datasheet ADCINC V 3.00), set the mux to temperature sensor when starting the ADC. The ADC results are the temperature.

Best regards,

Sampath

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SampathS_11

Hello @mikewax ,

You can consider using the internal flash of CY7C64315. We have a User Module which makes it easy for the firmware developer to use persistent storage in flash - EEPROM Datasheet EEPROM V 1.1

You can find this User Module listed under "Misc Digital" in the User Module panel of PSoC Designer. The datasheet I have referenced will also be available in the right click of E2PROMx128 in the UM panel.

Kindly check if the number of cycle for flash write (50,000) will be OK for your application.

Best regards,

Sampath

so i can do this

word offset = 0;
unsigned int value, result;
word bytecount = 2;
char temp;
value = 1;
temp = CySetTemp();
if(temp) result = E2PROMx128_bE2Write(offset, value, bytecount, temp);

0 Likes
SampathS_11

Hello @mikewax ,

You are right, you can use the code you have illustrated in the prior post. With one exception - CySetTemp() is not available in PSoC Designer. 

You will have to use Incremental ADC (Datasheet ADCINC V 3.00), set the mux to temperature sensor when starting the ADC. The ADC results are the temperature.

Best regards,

Sampath

Much obliged, Sampath, will do 🙂

0 Likes