migrate to cyusb3 from ezusb

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Our company has a custom hardware that uses the CY7C64713-128AXC   how can I update the ezusb to cyusb3?  I am confused on what sdk i need i see EZ-USB FX3 Software Development Kit. I need some direction on how to get to the current cypress driver. 

After that is done would this allow me to use C# to development applications for my hardware? I see there is a .lib but i believe i have to migrate first from ezusb.sys to cyusb3.sys   

I use visual studio pro 2015.   

thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Summey

Please uninstall the drivers for your device and then install  FX3 SDK. http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

​The SDK will install the CYUSB3 drivers, and the SDK contains C++ and C# based host applications. You can test using one of these (like Control Center/Streamer  application). We have aslo provided the source files for these which you can refer to create your own applicaiton.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I need to migrate anything over? I tried following the documentation today by matching the VID and PID in the INF and wasn't successful. I think we are using a custom written driver... It's back in 2009 but the way they were compiling this driver was with bat files using build.exe... 

0 Likes