cyusb.sys and multiple devices

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have recently added a second custom device using the same FX2 chip as the first.  We modified the INF to detect the 2nd device's VID/PID.  The problem is we are getting a "Code 38" error in Device Manager (Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware  because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory).  Is this expected?  For a work-around we created a renamed copy of the driver and INF and it appears to be functioning.  Is this the design for using multiple devices on a system?

Thanks!

0 Likes
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. This is not expected.

CyUSB.sys is capable of handling multiple devices at the same time. Please upload  your inf file and let us know  your PC environment so that we can have a look at what is causing the issue.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Anand, please find our INF file attached.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see any issues with the inf file. Did you change the GUID between the 2 inf files i.e. giving rise to a scenario where CyUSB.sys has 2 different GUIDs?

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, we left the GUID setting the same when we split the INF file into two with the two copies of the driver.  Doing this works, but if we can use a single INF file with a single driver file that would be preferred.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you trying using a different PC just to isolate whether this is a system specific issue. I don't find anything wrong with the files. Anyway I'll use this file to see if I'm seeing this issue and update here.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anand, it appears to be the OS.  We get this error on the target with XPe installed, but not the full XP desktop.  Any known issues with XPe?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

We've not tested/support CyUSB.sys with XPe

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We have the same problem when adding more then one device of the same type. We have seen the problem on Windows 7 both 32-bit and 64-bit. I have attached the inf-file.

Best Regards
Anders Jalming

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Attachment is missing.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Sorry about the delay. I have now attached the INF-file.

br
Anders Jalming

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

It is still missing. Before uploading the file change file extension to .txt.

0 Likes