cyusb_linux No device found

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
qiko_3575871
Level 3
Level 3

Hi , could somebody give me some help.

Finally, I installed cyusb_linux on ubuntu, but when I run cyusb_linux, no device found.

I can connect the device on Windows by USB Control Center. But I can't connect to the same device on Ubuntu by Cyusb_Linux.

My Ubuntu is a virtual machine on VMware Workstation. And the virtual machine can connect to the device.

Could somebody help me?

Thanks.

1.PNG

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Qingshui Kong,

1. Please let know if you have connected the FX3 device onto a USB3.0 port on the host PC. If yes, kindly, change the device connection to a USB2.0 port and check.

2. Have you built the libcyusb file before running the cyusb_linux? Kindly, follow the procedure mentioned in the 'Readme.txt' file. Also, make sure that you have root permissions.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Qingshui Kong,

By default, the USB ports belong to the host PC and not the virtual machine. The settings of the virtual machine must be modified to include the USB ports. Kindly, try this and connect the device. Also, make sure that the VID/PID of the device is present in the /etc/cyusb.conf file.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Thanks!

1. I am not very clear about USB ports. Could you tell me step by step.

Here is the screenshot. But It is chinese. I hope you can understand it. Could you find out if there is something wrong?

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

2. What't more, I am trying on a PC. But after running ./install.sh successfully, I run ./cyusb_linux. It failed.Error while loading shared libraries: libcyusb.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

I don't understand this error. Could you help me?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hello Qingshui Kong,

1. Please let know if you have connected the FX3 device onto a USB3.0 port on the host PC. If yes, kindly, change the device connection to a USB2.0 port and check.

2. Have you built the libcyusb file before running the cyusb_linux? Kindly, follow the procedure mentioned in the 'Readme.txt' file. Also, make sure that you have root permissions.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Thanks.

1. Yes, I connect the FX3 device onto a USB3.0 port on the host PC. Now I change the device connection to a USB2.0 port. It works. The cyusb_linux on Ubuntu Virtual Machine can connect the FX3 device. Does it mean Ubuntu can only use USB2.0 Port?(I check it again, I set USB Controller to USB 2.0. After changing it to USB 3.0, it works normally if I connect the FX3 device to USB3.0 Port) I don't test if it can send and receive data now.

But I find another problem.For Windows OS, the FX3 works normally when connected onto a USB3.0, but when change to a USB2.0 port, it can send data successfully, but fails to receive.

2. I follow the procedure mentioned in the Readme.txt, and build the libcyusb file by make command and install by sudo ./install.sh.

I think I do as Virtual machine.

I find out the reason, Xlib is not installed completely.

0 Likes

Hello Qingshui Kong,

- USB3.0 not working on Ubuntu OS is not a problem with the OS, but with the virtual machine.

- Regarding your query on use of FX3 on Windows OS, kindly, let me know if you are using any FW examples that come with the FX3 SDK or is it your custom firmware. Please test using a standard FW example and let me know if you could send and receive data.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Thanks. I think we use a standard FW. I will check it later.

0 Likes