cy7c68013a-100axc can't load program from eeprom, for help

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, god.

I met a problem with devices of cy7c68013a-100axc and 24lc32.

I wrote a firmware and got two formats: .hex and .iic. After xxx.hex loaded into the RAM, the usb renumerated and worked well. I think the firmware is right. But when I loaded the xxx.iic into the eeprom, the usb can't renumerate.

I assure xxx.iic was loaded into eeprom and the format is right. The first byte is 0xC2.

I don't know whether the program in eeprom wasn't loaded into RAM or loaded but not renumerated. 

God, please tell me how to solve it! Thx.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

In addition to the above post...

Are you seeing any signaling happening over I2C lines when you power up the board?.

I think you are using a EEPROM of 4KB size. Did you check the firmware size. Is it less than the EEPROM size?.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sai Krishna.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am assuming that you are using a custom board and not FX2LP DVK. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Do you have proper pull up resistors on the I2C lines?

It would be great if you can attach your board schematics, hex and iic files so that I can verify here with the help of FX2LP DVK.

Thanks,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

In addition to the above post...

Are you seeing any signaling happening over I2C lines when you power up the board?.

I think you are using a EEPROM of 4KB size. Did you check the firmware size. Is it less than the EEPROM size?.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sai Krishna.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You are right. It's a custom board. The size of eeprom is 4KB, but it is enough for my firmware with the size of 2400Bytes.

I didn't see any signals over I2C lines. But I am assuring that we have pull up resistors(2k) for I2C lines. The schematics, hex and iic files are attached. The eeprom has been changed and pin 1, 2, 3 attached to 3.3v, gnd, gnd those are different from the schematic.

Thx for your help.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hex file

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hex and iic files

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The hex and iic files are appended.

There is something wrong with the replies above. I can't attach files with the format .zip.  I am sorry.

Thx.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You can attach .zip files here. Can you try with a different browser. Like Mozilla Firefox..

Thanks,

Sai Krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I took a look at your schematics and following is my observation.

I see a EEPROM with part number 24LC00 which is of 16Bytes size. We cannot use this EEPROM for storing the .iic file. This can be used only for changing the VID and PID of your device. I don't think just the EEPROM part number is wrong in the schematics because all address lines of EEPROM (A2, A1, A0) are not connected to anything. This is done rightly as per 24LC00 data sheet.

So please verify the EEPROM you have on your board. If you have 24LC32 as you mentioned in the earlier posts then make sure you are using the address lines in a right way.

Thanks,

Sai Krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We have changed the eeprom. On board, it is 24LC32 and EEPROM (A2, A1, A0) are connected to (0, 0, 1).

Now I  can write iic file data into eeprom, but usb can not renumerate from it.

Hex and iic files appended.

Thx.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We have changed the eeprom. On board, it is 24LC32 and EEPROM (A2, A1, A0) are connected to (0, 0, 1).

Now I  can write iic file data into eeprom, but usb can not renumerate from it.

Hex and iic files appended.

Thx.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vishal

I have checked your hex and iic files. They are renumerating fine on our FX2LP DVK.

There is probably something wrong with the EEPROM on your board. But you are saying that you are able to write the iic file to EEPROM.

Even otherwise, you shoud check if you are able to read bytes from EEPROM. You can use the Vend_ax firmware to do the same.

You could also try to run the iic file on FX2LP DVK is you have one.

Thanks

Nikhil

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I checked your hex and iic file in FX2LP DVK. It enumreates fine with VID/PID: 0x04B4/0x1004. What is the behaviour seen in your board? Doesn;t you rboard enumerate when you download the slave.hex as well? Or is it only with iic? Dows it appear in device manager? If so, how does it appear, I mean with what VID/PID?

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a FX2LP DVK. I test slave.hex and slave.iic on it. All works well but not for our custom board. Below is the behaviour.

When slave.hex loaded, the usb enumerates fine with VID/PID: 0x04B4/0x1004. However when I load slave.iic into eeprom, the usb doesn't renumerate with VID/PID: 0x04B4/0x1004 but the default VID/PID: 0x04B4/0x8613.

Using the Vend_ax firmware, I read and write data from/into eeprom. And I am certain of that data read from eeprom is what I wrote into it.

Any advice? Thx.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please post your final schematic here. 

The reported VID/PID are 04b4/8613, which means that the bootloader is not recognizing the EEPROM.

Thanks

Nikhil

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you ship the hardware to our office? If yes, please create a tech support case.  We wil try to debug the issue for you.

Thanks

Nikhil

0 Likes