cy7c68013A looses connection

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
marcus
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi,

I've a problem  with a special laptop and my cy7c68013A device (driver version 3.4.7).
After booting the Laptop my device is running fine (I can communicate via  CyUSB.dll).
But after a random time (up to hours) this connection breaks and my device will no longer be enlisted in  
CyUSB.USBDeviceList(CyUSB.CyConst.DEVICES_CYUSB). It also is missing in the CyConsole app. But it is enlisted in the device manager!

After cycling the USB cable, the device reappears in my application as well as in the CyConsole app.

(Un)fortunatly this only happens with one single laptop. Any ideas what is going on? 

Best
Marcus

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meghavi
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi Marcus,

We would recommend to use the latest driver is 1.2.3.20v which you can download from the FX3 SDK . Please let us know if the issue still persists with the driver v1.2.3.20.

Regards,

Meghavi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Meghavi

Hi Marcus,

Please try connecting the device with a different port and check if the issue still persists. Also, please connect a different kit with this PC and let us know if you are facing the same issue. 

Regards,

Meghavi

0 Likes
marcus
Level 2
Level 2

He Meghavi,

I've tried a different USB port and I had no issue during the complete weekend. Thus I dare to say, that it works in this configuration. I'll check with a different device this week. (In know that the device in question is working fine on other PC's)
Or do you already have any ideas how to solve the problem (others than using a different port 😉 )
My idea of the issue is (without knowing the internal details of CyUSB):
* The USB port is buggy and causes the device/OS to reenumerate the µC
* This reenumeration is not recognized by the CyUSB driver
=> The device is still enlisted as functional in the Windows Device Manager
=> The device is not enlisted in the CyUSB device list

Of course the main problem is caused by the buggy USB Hardware, but on the other side it looks like "ordinary" devices like a mouse or a flash drive runs on that port.

Best

Marcus

0 Likes
marcus
Level 2
Level 2

Dear Meghavi,
any ideas on this?

Is it some how possible to reset the driver?

I can only assume, that somehow the USB devices gets shortly disconnected (for what ever reason) and the driver only recognizes the disconnect event but not the re-attaching of the device?

Best

Marcus

0 Likes
Meghavi

Hi Marcus,

We would recommend to use the latest driver is 1.2.3.20v which you can download from the FX3 SDK . Please let us know if the issue still persists with the driver v1.2.3.20.

Regards,

Meghavi

0 Likes