cy7c65215a rs485 tx en problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Shaunie85
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hey to all,

I have a problem with my RS485 TX EN signal. The TX_EN Signal does not have a fixed length.

That means after the message the signal does not stop right away. I found another user in this forum who had the same issue nearly 2 years ago but the final solution was not in the topic.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

@YatheeshD_36  was the one who helped in the other topic.

Thanks in advance,

Shaunie85

0 Likes
5 Replies
Meghavi
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi,

Can you please let me know what is the TXEN delay in your case? Also, please share the set up configuration and schematic so that we can try to reproduce the issue.

Regards

Hello Meghavi,

my Pictures seem to not be attached 🙈 sry for that.

cypress.png

cypress2.png

TEK00000.PNG

TEK00001.PNG

My delay was between nearly 0 and 800us to 900us max.

Best Regards

0 Likes
Meghavi

Hi,

Can you please let me know where are you measuring the delay? on the port side or on the silicon side?

Regards

0 Likes
Shaunie85
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hello Meghavi,

The yellow and turquoise Signals are the RS485 A & B Signals and measured at the RS485 Transceiver the purple Signal is the EN-Signal and measured directly at the GPIO from the CY7C65215A Chip

0 Likes
Meghavi

Hi,

In order to reproduce your issue at our end, we would need an entire schematic of you application. Can you please share it over here? If the schematic is confidential you can also share it through a personal message.

Regards

0 Likes