What is the GPIF seuence or chronological order within an decision point / data action point

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RoKo_4340761
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I am working with  the FX2lp / GPIF and go through the AN57322 (Interfacing SRAM with FX2LP over GPIF)

I wonder about the sequenze "within" a decision point / data action point.

- When will be the databus sampled, either for a read waveform or a write waveform within an IFCLK (rising / falling edge) ?

- When will be the control signals set within an IFCLK ( after/before sampling, rising / falling edge) ?

- When will be the RDY singals be sampled, either asynchrounous (SAS= 0) or synchronous(SAS = 1) within a IFCLK ?

- When will be the logical funtion within a DP finally be executed?

What is the "internal delay" between all the sampling and signal settings?

Getting a better understanding within one IFCLK period, can I assume that IFCLK will be a kind of "trippled" for the sampling, setting CTL signals and following logical functions.

Especially for FIFO waveforms (repeating decision points) this is difficult to understand.

Thanks

Roman

0 Likes
1 Solution
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Roman,

I would request you to refer to Chapter 10 , GPIF in the FX2LP TRM attached herewith.

You will be able to understand and find all the above-asked information in it.

Regards,

Mallika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MallikaK_22

Hello Roman,

I would request you to refer to Chapter 10 , GPIF in the FX2LP TRM attached herewith.

You will be able to understand and find all the above-asked information in it.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes

Hello Mallika,

thanks for your replay.

I`ve gone through the TRM and other application notes, GPIF primer already, but I don`t find explizit answers to my questions. Would you please provide detailed page numbers to look at?

Regards

Roman

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hello Roman,

Apologies for the delay in my response.

Can you please check Page 129, Decision Point States in the TRM?

0 Likes