WHQL Testing issues Win 10 x86 and Win 8.1 x86/x64

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The test lab we are using to perform WHQL testing on our new devices is having issues with three OS's.  Please provide suggestions that we can pass along to our test lab vendor.

Cypress chip:

CY7C68013A-56LTXC

Cypress host integration and driver package:

EX-USB FX3 SDK 1.3 and we are using the latest 1.2.3.20 of your USB driver binaries (cyusb3.sys). Driver packages are unsigned and customized for our VID/PIDs, cat file etc. and are fully tested on our machines with our devices and software (not WHQL tested).  When test lab provides us with passing packages, I will sign with our EV Code signing cert and submit to Microsoft.  [Note – I did this back in 2011 with the same chip on earlier products using older cyusb.sys and EXUSB for Win 7 x86/x64 and XPj and can be installed silently on Win 10 x86/x64.]

Transport:

USB 2.0

Test Lab WHQL testing results:

PASS: Win 10 x64

PASS: Win 7 x86

PASS: Win 7 x64

FAIL: Win 10 x86 – more info below

CANNOT INSTALL UNSIGNED DRIVERS: Win 8.1 x86/x64 – more info below

Win 10 x86: The test lab had issues with the timing of the HLK software and the timing of when the device being tested completes the firmware update and remunerates to a “post” enum device.  The test script is reading the devices PIDs before the firmware update completes and re-numerates – test is targeting the 0x0010 and 0x0012 instead of the post-enum 0x0011 and 0x0013.  The test lab also provided this info:  I think it can be worked around with a 5m cable and a Hub.  M210 and V310-10 should be connected behind the Hub.  It may be related to xHCI host reset timing of the test bed PC.  Intel xHCI driver bundled to the W10 x86 distribution may be set to send too short Host reset signal for M210 and V310-10.

Beyond that stage, two (2) kinds of fail were found in DF-PNP Cancel Remove Device Test, Run Test:

1. WDTF_PNP: EDT filter is not installed on target device HRESULT=0

2. WTDF_TARGETS: WDTF.ConcurrentIO.1 SetTarget() ERROR: CWDTFConcurrentIOImpl::SetTarget() EDT filter is not installed on target device HRESULT=0x80004005 HRESULT=0x80004005

pastedImage_5.png

Win 8.1 x86 and 8.1 x64: Test lab can’t install unsigned drivers on their Win 8.1 test PCs.  We had no issues on our Win 8.1 PCs following these steps, but the test lab can’t install.

1. Click or tap the Start button, and then the Power button. Hold down the Shift key when you select Restart.
  2. In the resulting, full-screen menu, select Troubleshoot>Advanced options>Startup Settings
  3. In the Startup Settings screen, tap the Restart button. The PC will reboot, and bring you to a Startup Settings screen
  4. Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to select what you want.  You may need to use the number keys to select.

The test lab also tried bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON and rebooted, but they are unable to install the driver.

They get the following unknown device error

pastedImage_6.png

Thanks,

Rich

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Rich,

- This is not an issue with Cypress driver but with the Microsoft HLK tool. Please uninstall the HLK Studio on the client PC, then re-install and re-boot the PC to check if the error still persists.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Rich,

Please share the INF file and the .wtl file for reviewing at our end.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Srinath,

I attached a zip file with the lumidriver3.inf for Win 10 x86 and the test labs M210_W10x86_DF-PNP_Cancel_Remove_Device_Test_RunTest_112918.wtl file.  Please let us know if you have any suggestions we can tell the test lab.

Thanks,

Rich

0 Likes

Hello Rich,

Can you please re-check if you have attached the files?

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Srinath,

Yesterday I attached the zip to the original posting when I figure out the attach icon is at the bottom in the advanced editor.  Now I will attach to this response in the advanced editor.

Just want to provide some feedback about using this forum for tech support:

1. In my opinion, using a forum for tech support may not be appropriate.  I understand that other Cypress customers / forum users may answer these questions.  Perhaps if my next point would be addressed, I would feel so strongly about this.

2. This forum is not as easy to use as others I've used.  For one, why is the attach file icon at the bottom of this page instead of at the top where all the other controls are.  Also, I have to go into an advanced editor to view the attach file icon.

Thanks for your support,

Rich

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Strinath,

I attached the files to the discussion on Dec 14. Please let me know if you have suggestions.

Thanks,

Rich

0 Likes

Hello Rich,

I ran the "DF - PNP Cancel Remove Device" test again on our test lab and found to be passing. Below is my test environment.

Client OS: Windows 10 RS4

Architecture: 32 bit (x86)

Hardware: FX3 SuperSpeed Explorer Kit

Firmware: USBBulkSourceSink.img (part of FX3 SDK 1.3.4)

Can you please let me know the firmware file and the device that you are using at your end for testing?

Best regards,
Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Srinath,

We are using the Cypress CY7C68013A-56LTXC chip in our optical fingerprint scanner products.  The firmware is based on your Cypress Suite USB 3.4.7\Firmware\CyStreamer source example from 2011 when we first integrated the chip with our scanners.  We compile using the Keil Compiler. The fw.c SetupCommand() function to handle device requests is identical to the Cypress example, but perhaps there are additional commands that we need to handle for Windows 10 x86. 

What is interesting is that we passed Windows 10 x64 and we have already had Microsoft sign the Win 10 x64 drivers with the same devices running the same FW.

Thanks,

Rich

0 Likes

Hello Rich,

- This is not an issue with Cypress driver but with the Microsoft HLK tool. Please uninstall the HLK Studio on the client PC, then re-install and re-boot the PC to check if the error still persists.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes