Unique chip id for CYFX2LP controller

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Aniket_
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 25 sign-ins First like given

Hello,

I am getting different Unique Id for each FX2 controller if REVID register value is 1 but if  REVID register value is 4 than I am getting 0 as unique id for each FX2 controller, which is not unique. Why Unique ID is NOT unique for REVID:4 FX2 controller?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meghavi
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi Aniket,

The reason for same Unique ID for the REVID register value 4 can be the Revision of the chip which you are using currently. Can you please check the chip revision number of your FX2 controller?

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Meghavi

Hi Aniket,

The reason for same Unique ID for the REVID register value 4 can be the Revision of the chip which you are using currently. Can you please check the chip revision number of your FX2 controller?

Regards

0 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for your response , I totally understand my REVID register value 4 because my chip revision number of FX2 controller is 4 but why I don't get unique id when REVID value 4 . Any relation between REVID and unique id ?

Regards

0 Likes
Meghavi

Hi Aniket, 

REVID value can't be changed by the customer. Can you please let me know how are you changing it? Also, Please share the screen shot of the same unique id for REVID = 4. 

Regards

0 Likes
Meghavi

Hi Aniket,

Could you please share the images of full chip marking which shows a REVID as  4?

Regards

0 Likes