Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
azot_0
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 25 sign-ins

I am creating a C++ app to control my USB device. All i need is to link the cyapi.lib from the cpp library folder to my project?. No need for the CyAPI.dll during the run time?.  I read CyAPI.dll is for .NET application development.  There is no need for the CyAPI.dll for the non-managed C++ APPs?. I could not find CyAPI.dll for non-managed C++ in the install directory.

where can I find the latest PDF for programmer's reference.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meghavi
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi,

We only provide CyAPI.lib and CYUSB.dll libraries for communicating with the FX3/FX2LP device. CyAPI.lib is used for C++ and CyUSB.dll is used for C# application. Please refer the guide for CyAPI.lib present at C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\SuiteUSB\CyAPI.pdf and CyUSB.dll present at C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\SuiteUSB\CyUSB.NET.pdf.

Regards,

Meghavi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Meghavi

Hi,

There is no need to link the CyAPI.dll during runtime for C++ app.

kindly refer to this thread for more details: https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-low-full-high-speed/What-is-different-between-cyapi-dll-and-cy...

Regards,

Meghavi

0 Likes
azot_0
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 25 sign-ins

How about the CyUSB.dll?. If my app is in C++ and linking it to the CyApi.lib, Do i need to add/include CyUSB.dll during the run time?.  based on the information in the link above, CyUSB.dll is .NET and suitable for .NET/Managed C++ Apps only.  What is difference between CyAPI.dll and CyUSB.DLL?. I am new to the SDK app side.

0 Likes
Meghavi

Hi,

We only provide CyAPI.lib and CYUSB.dll libraries for communicating with the FX3/FX2LP device. CyAPI.lib is used for C++ and CyUSB.dll is used for C# application. Please refer the guide for CyAPI.lib present at C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\SuiteUSB\CyAPI.pdf and CyUSB.dll present at C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\SuiteUSB\CyUSB.NET.pdf.

Regards,

Meghavi

0 Likes