Static Tools Logo Test

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Andre721
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

We have EZ-USB FX2LP and FX3 systems that are used. In getting our driver package signed, we have to go through the Microsoft Hardware Lab Kit testing to get the driver signed by Microsoft so that it will work in Windows 10 and 11.

One of the new tests that has been added to the playlist is something called "Static Tools Logo Test" (Static Tools Logo Test | Microsoft Docs). Right now, the driver won't pass the test. What do I have to do to get the Cypress driver to pass?

0 Likes
8 Replies
Meghavi
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 10 likes received

Can you please provide the driver name and version which you are using?

0 Likes

I am using the driver and source for EZ-USB that are available on this page: EZ-USB FX3 Software Development Kit (cypress.com)

Since I last posted, I have been able to compile the source and generate a database based on the compile that is all outlined on the page (CodeQL and the Static Tools Logo Test - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs) that discuss how to get the materials for the Static Tools Logo Test. At present time, I'm running into trouble with trying to generate the result file from the database that gets made, but that may be a matter of needing to adjust some parameters to properly access the result database (I'm continuing to work on that).

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Andre721
Level 2
Level 2

I've made it a bit further and have all the CodeQL stuff working. However, I'm also supposed to use the "Static Driver Verifier" that is in Visual Studio and am running into difficulty. Each time I run it I am getting an error. I have attached a MS Word docx file that contains the error messages. 

0 Likes
Andre721
Level 2
Level 2

Ultimately, it looks like I need the DVL file to complete the test (Static Tools Logo Test fails (microsoft.com)). However, I cannot seem to generate that using the Static Driver Verifier.

0 Likes
Meghavi

Hi Andre

Can you please provide the driver version which you are is using? If the driver version isn’t 3.13.0.84 then there can be a problem. 

Regards

0 Likes

The version is 1.3.4, which I got from here: EZ-USB FX3 Software Development Kit (cypress.com)

If there is a newer version, please provide a link to it.

0 Likes
Andre721
Level 2
Level 2

I think that I may have posted this in the wrong section of the forums. I have started a new discussion for the issue in a spot that seems more appropriate (USB Superspeed Peripherals). The new thread is here.

0 Likes
Meghavi

Hi,

Since you have created new thread, I am locking this. Please refer to the similar thread: https://community.cypress.com/t5/USB-Superspeed-Peripherals/Need-to-complete-Microsoft-HLK-Studio-qu...

Thanks

0 Likes