ReadI2C Errors - DLP 4750LC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DavideFabris
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

I am working with a light projector DLP 4750LC by EKB Technologies, based on the I2C communication.

https://www.ekbtechnologies.com/e-store/dlp-4750lc-2000-lumens-green-520nm-1080p-on-axis.

I have been able to compile and to work with the dlpc3479 examples of the DLPC-API-1.10, which is based on the x32 version of the CyUSBSerial library. While integrating the device in our products, I downloaded the x64 version of the CyUSBSerial library (link), since our products work in x64 configuration.

I am always able to write via the I2C. Whereas, I am frequently getting errors while using the read commands (i.e. DLPC34XX_DUAL_ReadPatternOrderTableEntry, DLPC34XX_DUAL_ReadValidateExposureTime, and others).

The behaviour I get is rather strange: after turning on the projector, sometimes the errors appear, some others they do not. Moreover, even if the first read operation is successful, the following are not. I either get error code 6 or error code 17 from the errors enumeration in the CyUSBSerial library.

Also, while using the dlpc3479 examples with the x32 version of the library, the D66 led is turned on and it keeps being on. This does not happen with our software (x64): the D66 led blinks once if and only if the read I2C errors do not show, it also never remains on.

I contacted Texas Instruments, they eventually told me what I report below.

The team is suspecting that the issue is with the 64bit DLL and may need to be fixed by Cypress.

I wanted to ask you if you have a solution to the problem, or if perhaps you already faced it.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Davide Maria Fabris

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meghavi
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi Davide,

Sorry for the delay in response. There is nothing specific to 64 bit dll. It's same code for x86 and x64. It's validate to function with 64 bit dll.

Can you provide any data which states that I2C traces is not showing NAK but DLL is returning NAK?

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Davide,

Apologies for the delay in response.

Could you please provide more details on the hardware such as the schematic.

Is the device programmable? 

Is the firmware for I2C a custom firmware programmed by your end? Can that be shared?

Please provide more details on the test setup and the kit hardware-firmware.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DavideFabris
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

I attached the projector schematics.

The device is programmable, we are not acting on the I2C firmware.

The doubt is related to the x64 version of the CyUSBSerial library (link).

Regards,

Davide

0 Likes
Meghavi
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi Davide,

Sorry for the delay in response. There is nothing specific to 64 bit dll. It's same code for x86 and x64. It's validate to function with 64 bit dll.

Can you provide any data which states that I2C traces is not showing NAK but DLL is returning NAK?

Regards

0 Likes