Re:

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Jack-be-nimble
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins First reply posted

I want to create a custom application that allows me to configure the CY7C65215A to read and write the different protocols. From this post, it sounds like I can't write my application, but instead, I'm required to use the USB-Configure tool to create a ".cyusb" for each configuration. I'm looking for some clarification on a few things.

1. Can the USB-Serial SDK be used to configure which protocol the device uses, or can it only be done through flashing the internal eeprom?
  2. When using the USB-Configuration application, is the save ".cyusb" file is it encrypted to is it raw data?
  3. Can the ".cyusb" file created from the USB-Configuration, be written to the device using the CyProgUserFlash API function
  4. Are the CySet***Config API functions only used to set protocol-specific parameters
0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Meghavi
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi,

1. You can use the Cypress USB-Serial Configuration Utility or you can use the command line tool: https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Command-line-tool-for-configuring-USB-Seri... to configure the device.
  2. The saved .cyusb file is an encrypted file.
  3.  Please note that the APIs CyReadUserFlash and CyProgUserFlash are used to read and write into the User Flash area which is 512Bytes. This has nothing to do with the configuration file. i.e In the UserFlash area you can store any information and read it but cannot modify the particular memory area used by the configuration utility. Please refer to the API guide for more details on the API and the area of the flash that it can program "CyProgUserFlash".

4. Yes, please refer to the API guide attached to this response. 

Regards,

Meghavi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
lock attach
Meghavi
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi,

1. You can use the Cypress USB-Serial Configuration Utility or you can use the command line tool: https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Command-line-tool-for-configuring-USB-Seri... to configure the device.
  2. The saved .cyusb file is an encrypted file.
  3.  Please note that the APIs CyReadUserFlash and CyProgUserFlash are used to read and write into the User Flash area which is 512Bytes. This has nothing to do with the configuration file. i.e In the UserFlash area you can store any information and read it but cannot modify the particular memory area used by the configuration utility. Please refer to the API guide for more details on the API and the area of the flash that it can program "CyProgUserFlash".

4. Yes, please refer to the API guide attached to this response. 

Regards,

Meghavi

0 Likes

Is there a Linux version of the fwDownload application or a means to configure the device in Linux?

0 Likes
lock attach
Jack-be-nimble
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins First reply posted

I found the CyUSBSerialCommandUtility, generated a .cyusb file from the windows configuration tool, then decrypted the file with the decryption application in windows. When trying to use the CyUSBSerialCommandUtility in Linux

sudo CyUSBSerialCommandUtility my_cy7c65213_cofig_decrypted.cyusbd

I get the following error.

File opened successfully

Bytes successfully read
wrong silicon id
File stream closed

0 Likes

Hi,

Kindly refer to this thread: https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-low-full-high-speed/USB-Serial-Configuration-Utility-source-co... for configuration utility supported in Linux. You can follow the instructions attached as the zip file in this link. 

Please ensure that the utility is not robust as the Windows' configuration utility. 

Regards,

Meghavi

0 Likes

I've managed to get the tool running, but I'm getting the following error when I try to upload the decrypted cyUSB file.

File opened successfully

Bytes successfully read
wrong silicon id
File stream closed

File opened successfully Bytes successfully read wrong silicon id File stream closed

0 Likes

Hi,

After executing "CyUSBSerialCommandUtility default_CY7C65213-32LTXI_decrypted.cyusbd" command, disconnect the board and reconnect it again. Then print the list of devices first and follow the remaining instructions from Step:12 and let us know if the issue persists. 

Regards,

Meghavi

0 Likes

I'm still getting the same issue. I have followed the instructions from "Files for Command Utility"

1. Created .cyusb file in windows using the USB configuration tool; I think this is the one.
  2. Decrypt the .cyusb file in Windows using the decryption tool in the "Filed for command utility"
  3. Copy files to flash drive and move to Linux machine running "5.15.0-47-generic #51-Ubuntu"  Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
  4. Make the linux/lib files with "sudo make" I get the following output
  5. make the command linux/testutility with "sudo make"; I get the following output
  6. Copy the decrypted .cyusb file into the test utility directory
  7. Run "sudo ./CyUSBSerialCommandUtility my_cy7c65213_cofig_default_decrypted.cyusbd" I get the following

The device was originally reset back to factory settings. The .cyusb file was saved based on the factory settings. I then changed the two interfaces from UART to SPI and set the USB current to 500mA.

0 Likes
narolkarvarun
5 likes given 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi   ,

Please follow the steps in the below link 

https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-low-full-high-speed/USB-Serial-Configuration-Utility-source-co...

Thank you 

Varun Narolkar

0 Likes