Questions about "cy68013A + K9K8G08U0B NAND Flash"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Li_xc
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Dear guys and experts,

We made a self-designed experiment board with the main controller cy68013A and a NAND Flash chip K9K8G08U0B.

It seems works well since my WIN10 PC has recognized and identified it as an "Universal serial control bus device" shown as followed. It is "Cypress  EZ-USB NX2LP-Flex Unprogrammed NAND"and its VID and PID are 04B4 and 4617.

Li_xc_0-1645410324581.png           Li_xc_1-1645410341721.png

In my last question, dear expert, MallikaK_22  has shared a newest  mfg tool with me to modify VID and PID values in the NAND Flash chip. However, after using that mfg tool, the device is still Cypress  EZ-USB NX2LP-Flex Unprogrammed NAND. It has remained unchanged. That means our device has not changed as a "Mass Storage  Device" after performing the mfg tool.

Therefore, I attached the configuration file content of the mfg tool as follows.

Li_xc_2-1645411607380.png

• Question 1: Is this configuration file right?

And the mfg tool can also identify our device as shown below.

Li_xc_3-1645411688195.png

When I erase the NAND Flash, it alarmed as follows (But at last, it can report "Successfully erased the NAND").

Li_xc_4-1645411933065.png

• Question 2: where is the .nx2 file. Could you share it with me?

To address the questions above, I read the manual "Infineon-CY3686_EZ-USB_NX2LP-Flex_Development_Kit_Guide-UserManual-v01_00-EN". I found important configurations as follows.

Li_xc_5-1645412174050.png

Li_xc_6-1645412183711.png

Observing from this table above,  does it means that I need to select the last configuration? Then I need to use "NAND programming utility" to configure our NAND Flash. Is it necessary?

Therefore,

• Question 3: Could you share me with the "NAND programming utility" tool?

At last, my purpose is to complete a mass storage design. Could every expert give me any advice or materials? Thank you so much.

Chinese Version (汉语版本):

1、使用NX2LP软件mfg tool配置NAND Flash 的VIDPID信息以后,仍然是unprogrammed NAND Flash,为什么不能变为programmed NAND Flash.是不是软件的配置文件有问题?配置软件内容已经附录在上面,请查看。使用mfg tool的过程中,提示使用到.NX2文件。怎么获取到.NX2文件?

2、为了解决上述问题,我查了手册,然后发现了几种启动模式,是将固件全部配置在NAND Flash启动?还是说固件在EEPROM中启动? 如果是从Flash中启动固件的话,需要使用NAND firmware packager软件配置。请问这个软件怎么下载。谢谢

3、如果可以的话,能不能给出一些关于设计Mass Storage 设备的资料和建议?万分感谢。

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Regarding the schematics, the following points should be taken care of:

1) NAND write-protect control output signal WP_NF# from the NX2LP should be
connected directly to the NAND flash WP pin.

2) NX2LP NAND write-protect switch input signal WP_SW# should be pulled up
to VCC.

3) Could you please provide the datasheet of the NAND flash.

Please find attached the CY3686 kit contents. Load the loader.iic file to the EEPROM (U5) on CY3684. The file can be found in the following location: CY3686 NX2LP-FLEX DVK\1.0\Bootloader.

When booted from this file, the FX2LP looks for the custom NX2LP-NAND firmware from an attached NAND flash device just like any other NX2LP device.

You should follow Chapter 5 in the CY3686 NX2LP-Flex Development Kit Guide for the operation of the utility.

Regards,

Mallika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
MallikaK_22

Hi,

Could you please share the schematics/diagram. I want to check the connections between FX2LP and the NAND flash.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes

Dear Mallika,

Thank you.

This is our part scheme for the connection between FX2LP and the NAND flash.

Li_xc_0-1645520754157.png

Please help to check it. In fact, It has been made and worked well long long time ago(about 10 years ago). Now I receive it, but I cannot configure it and run it well. Therefore, I urgently need your generous help.

Another question:  could you please share me with the "NAND firmware packager tool"? With this tool, I can package firmware to .NX2 file. It is very important for us now. Thank you so much.

Yours,

XC

0 Likes
lock attach
MallikaK_22

Hi,

Regarding the schematics, the following points should be taken care of:

1) NAND write-protect control output signal WP_NF# from the NX2LP should be
connected directly to the NAND flash WP pin.

2) NX2LP NAND write-protect switch input signal WP_SW# should be pulled up
to VCC.

3) Could you please provide the datasheet of the NAND flash.

Please find attached the CY3686 kit contents. Load the loader.iic file to the EEPROM (U5) on CY3684. The file can be found in the following location: CY3686 NX2LP-FLEX DVK\1.0\Bootloader.

When booted from this file, the FX2LP looks for the custom NX2LP-NAND firmware from an attached NAND flash device just like any other NX2LP device.

You should follow Chapter 5 in the CY3686 NX2LP-Flex Development Kit Guide for the operation of the utility.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes
lock attach

Dear Mallika,

Thanks for your generous help.

The datasheet of NANDFlash has been attached.

Please share me with more advices. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

XC

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Please try loading the loader.iic file in the EEPROM and let me know the result.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes

Dear Mallika,

Thanks for all your help.

After downloading the example firmware and loader.iic, this device has been identified as a "NX2LP-Flex Bootloader(3.4.5.000)" shown as follows, instead of a "mass storage device".

Li_xc_1-1645782628341.png

And I have also checked the device VID PID like the belowed figure.

Li_xc_0-1645782610052.png

Do I need to change the VID and PID values in the source code? How to change it as a "mass storage device"? Look forward to hearing from your advices!! Thanks.

Yours sincerely,

XC

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi,

Could you please let me know if you had attempted to change the PID before?

0 Likes

Dear Mallika,

Sorry for my late reply.

It takes so long to deal with my problem.  

My 68013-device has worked due to the driver problem. Now it can be identified as a "Mass storage device".
However, it is so difficult to debug by uart. Could you share with me  a uart-debug-example project?
And could you send me some online debugging documentations?

As the 56-pins chip has no uart port, it seems that the online debug is necessary for us:).
Thank you so much.

Yours sincerely,

XC

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi,

What is the issue that you are seeing currently?

0 Likes

Dear MallikaK_22,

Thanks for your reply.

Now, I am wandering about the GPIF problem. In the example code of cy3686, the "gpif.c" file has no any avaialbe waveform. Does this example makes use of GPIF function?

Yours sincerely,

XC

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in my response.

I'm not able to completely understand your current issue. I see that your device got recognized as a Mass storage device. Is there any other functionality you are looking for?

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes
BettyRNorahDeni
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

If it's loose in a box, you'll have to find a way to connect to it - I don't think there are any sockets for this package type (if there are they're likely to be really expensive) so you'd have to design a PCB or find an adaptor and solder it down.

If it is already on a PCB, then your best bet is to use whatever it is connected to to read it. Other than that, I don't think it is too difficult and won't be read-locked though it might be write-locked. At the end of the day, the data might be encrypted too and require a bootloader to copy it to internal RAM or something chatrandom echat similar.

0 Likes