Linux USB to I2C driver for CY7C65215A

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Justy
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hello,

We are going to use USB to I2C bridge CY7C65215A as a new I2C bus in our platform to communicate with several I2C slave devices attached to the CY7C65215A USB to I2C bridge.

Linus is our platform OS and its kernel version is 4.4. We use Linux i2c-tools, ex: i2cdetect, i2cget, i2cset, to communicate with  I2C devices attached to the existing I2C buses in our platform.

In order to use the same methods for all I2C buses, we need Linux I2C driver to create a /dev/i2c-xx node for CY7C65215 which will be compatible with current I2C communication methods for all I2C buses and I2C slave devices.

But we can't find Linux I2C driver of CY7C65215 after searching on Infineon website.

Could you provide the Linux I2C and GPIO driver of CY7C65215 instead of Linux application library ? 

Best Regards,

Justy Huang

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meghavi
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi huang,

There is no special driver needed for Vendor mode device operation in Linux. We use libusb library for the same. You can download the USB-Serial SDK for Linux platforms from the below link: 

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/design-support/tools/sdk/usb-controllers-sdk/usb-serial-software-dev...

Regarding the GPIO driver, the GPIOs can be configured as input/output/tristate from the USB-Serial Configuration Utility in Windows. Once the GPIO's functionality is configured, the GPIO current value is set/get depending on the configuration(input/output) using the CyUSBSerial Library through a host application. There is no separate driver needed for that. You can refer the USB-Serial API doc to control the GPIO operation from above link. 

Best Regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Meghavi
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi huang,

There is no special driver needed for Vendor mode device operation in Linux. We use libusb library for the same. You can download the USB-Serial SDK for Linux platforms from the below link: 

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/design-support/tools/sdk/usb-controllers-sdk/usb-serial-software-dev...

Regarding the GPIO driver, the GPIOs can be configured as input/output/tristate from the USB-Serial Configuration Utility in Windows. Once the GPIO's functionality is configured, the GPIO current value is set/get depending on the configuration(input/output) using the CyUSBSerial Library through a host application. There is no separate driver needed for that. You can refer the USB-Serial API doc to control the GPIO operation from above link. 

Best Regards

0 Likes