Interfacing External EEPROM with EZ-USB FX2LP (56 Pin Package) USB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
aditya12
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi,

I am having FX2LP(56 Pin Package) USB Controller and I want to store Firmware in the External EEPROM so that FX2 will start reading from the Externally EEPROM.

But FX2LP (56 pin package) does not have a EA pin So, Whether FX2LP(56 pin package) supports External EEPROM interface or not?

Regards,

Aditya Upadhyay

0 Likes
1 Solution
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Aditya,

We can use I2C EEPROMs and communicate with them for 56 pin package. But you cannot use the external memories which need address, data, and control lines.

Please refer to section 5.3 in the EZ USB TRM: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/technical-reference-manuals/ez-usbr-technical-reference-manual 

Regards,

Mallika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MallikaK_22

Hi Aditya,

We can use I2C EEPROMs and communicate with them for 56 pin package. But you cannot use the external memories which need address, data, and control lines.

Please refer to section 5.3 in the EZ USB TRM: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/technical-reference-manuals/ez-usbr-technical-reference-manual 

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the Reply.

I took slave.iic file from the AN61345 Reference design and EEPROM got successfully programmed. I have made some changes in the design and again I generated slave.iic to program EEPROM but at that time EEPROM got successfully programmed but While writing to EEPROM data is not Updating and it is taking old data.

So, Can I share keil project with you?

Regards,

Aditya Upadhyay  

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi Aditya,

May I know which board/kit are you using?

If it is CY3684, please try pressing the reset button after loading the firmware.

Otherwise, please try power cycling/disconnect the board and check.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes