Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Maurix
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello 

after flashing my hardware, a Bitstream X3 Controller for midi the system is totaly dead.

The first  PCB mounts a Cypress AN2131 wich then is used to programm the Zylog Z8 over Midi.

I have a .hex firmware file from the brand who made the Bitstream X3, wich i have burned on a 24L64A eeprom 

but the Cypress Chip is not loading the firmare .

Device Manager says  unknown Device  USB\VID_0547&PID_2131\5&39cd783b&0&1

Now i wonder if this .hex file must be converted to a .bix file before  burning it into the eeprom

or is there any other solution to send the .hex to the Cypress 

Zip with .hex is attached

sorry for my bad english

kindly Maurizio 

0 Likes
1 Solution
narolkarvarun
5 likes given 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi Maurizio,

please download fx3 SDK from given FX3-sdk .

you will get the drivers from the below path C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3

Thank you 

Varun Narolkar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
narolkarvarun

Hi Maurizio,

please download fx3 SDK from given FX3-sdk .

you will get the drivers from the below path C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3

Thank you 

Varun Narolkar

0 Likes
Maurix
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

i have tried the drivers but it is still not recognized as an Audio Interface,  burned the eeprom with any kind of 

solution IIc file .bix file .hex  anbd .bin also the file giving me from jerome  the inventor of the Bitstream does not work.

So i have a basic question if the  Cypress AN2131SC is broken i assume there is no request from windows to install any driver. 

also i am able to install the pcb as Cypress Antioch UBS Boot device ( just to see if any driver works) and it is installed.

So why is the AN2131 not loading the firmware from the eeprom into the flash memory ? 

could it be the Quartz ? 

how can i test or force an upload to the chip itself from outside over UBS cable 

thx

0 Likes
narolkarvarun

Hi Maurix ,

can you please let us know in which mode you want to enumerate  CDC or VENDOR.

in case if you want to use this device in CDC Mode please use Microsoft drivers.

Thank You

Varun Narolkar

0 Likes