How to change configuration without 'cypress configuration util'.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CHLE_4651651
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I did test I2C/SPI interface with CYUSBS236 Kit.

I want to change dev type (I2C / SPI / UART)  without cypress configuration util.

because new board will be made with CY7C65215 + Another chip and be controlled cfg/protocol with new MFC tool in Win OS.

(We not have plan to add ROM for CY7C65215)

So Is there any method to change dev type and protocol parameter value in code level?

Linux library have functions expected change it , for example , CySelectDeviceType / CySelectInterface .

But windows library not has symbol of that.

I did already search about this question.

Below ticket not have any solution for question.

Re: CY7C65215 - Programming the configuration flash

Please let me know how to set configuration in windows code level.

Thanks,

- Windows OS

- Control and Set CY7C65215 with new MFC tool.

- We can't reuse cypress cfg util.

- We need API (or lib) to change configuration value.

0 Likes
1 Solution
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

I understand that you will need your host application to change the USB-Serial configuration.

Dynamically changing the configuration, for example, just changing SCB0 configuration from SPI to I2C is not possible.

One possible way is to save the required configuration as .cyusb using the configuration utility and download the same to the device through a command line utility. You can refer to this thread for the command line utility to download the configuration to the USB-Serial Device.

Re: CY7C65211 Serial Communication Mode

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

I understand that you will need your host application to change the USB-Serial configuration.

Dynamically changing the configuration, for example, just changing SCB0 configuration from SPI to I2C is not possible.

One possible way is to save the required configuration as .cyusb using the configuration utility and download the same to the device through a command line utility. You can refer to this thread for the command line utility to download the configuration to the USB-Serial Device.

Re: CY7C65211 Serial Communication Mode

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hello.

Okay. I understand what you said.

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks,

CHANGHUN LEE

0 Likes