How to Create Console Application of the CyControl Centre

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi everyone ,

actually i want make control centre as the console application .i got struck at selecting endpoints  in device tree view ,can any one suggest me the best way to do without selecting endpoints how to read data from usb2.0  .if any one faced this situation please let me know how you people solved this .

best regard

veerendra

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Veerendra,

With the default Cypress Control Center application, data transfers with multiple FX2LP devices has to be performed by multiple clicks on the 'Transfer Data' button after selecting the device of interest. But, this can be modified if you need to perform the transfer simultaneously. Go through the source code of the Control Center application corresponding to the 'Transfer Data' button click and implement the same to suit your requirements.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Veerendra,

The Cypress USB Control Center has been developed using Windows Forms. The same cannot be used as Console Application. To develop a console application, a new project has to be created without the properties that belong to Windows Forms. The endpoint selection can be fixed in the application and the XferData API can be used to perform the data transfer.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

is their  any souse code  available related to this in C# let me know  .it will very helpful to me .

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello Veerendra,

Please find the attached project & source that performs BULK endpoint data transfer. This is a Console application based on C#. Please note that this is not a tested software but can be used as a reference to build up on it.

Also, this utility has been developed only to work with Cypress device of VID/PID 04B4/00F1 with a BULK IN endpoint. No other VID/PID combination (or) endpoint type is supported.

Password for the attached file: cypress

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Hi Shrinath,

thanks for your support. your application is working fine in visual studio C# Windows Forms Application.

But we want to avoid Windows Forms Applications completely and want to develop just c# console application, in your application the used CyUSB.DLL is created using some Windows form applications Features, is that WinForm feature need in your application, because here we are selecting endpoints directly and doing data transfer without using any WinForm Tools, if possible remomving WinForm Tools in CyUSB.DLL . We are trying to build DLL without any WinForm feature Like select node of Treeview like that, please help us .

Question:Is it possible to run multiple fx2lp boards on single control center

And also i  need one more suggetion from you , can we run multiple fx2lp boards on Single Control center?? if  possible , how to implement  single control center with multiple fx2lp boards via Usb2.0  to fetch data from image sensor . can you help me to change that as functions .

thanks ,

Regards Veerendra

0 Likes

Hello Balaraj,

- Please note that Cypress does not have an application that does not use the CyUSB.DLL (or) the CyAPI.LIB. But, the source files of the CyUSB.DLL, CyAPI.LIB as well as the CYUSB3 driver are available from the below location. Kindly, download the CyUSB3_USB_Suite_Source.zip.

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

You can develop your custom application that does not use the CyUSB.DLL and instead the IOCTL commands.

- Multiple FX2LP devices can be accessed using the same Control Center application. You can verify this using the default application that comes with the FX2LP DVK. Different devices can be identified using the VID/PID.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi shrinath,

thanks for  your suggestions regards the multiple fx2lp devices on the same control centre.when we will connect different fx2lp  devices  how to capture data from all devices at the same time . we have to use  data transfer button  multiple times in our program??

can you suggest about this .

best  regards,

Veerendra

0 Likes

Hello Veerendra,

With the default Cypress Control Center application, data transfers with multiple FX2LP devices has to be performed by multiple clicks on the 'Transfer Data' button after selecting the device of interest. But, this can be modified if you need to perform the transfer simultaneously. Go through the source code of the Control Center application corresponding to the 'Transfer Data' button click and implement the same to suit your requirements.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi shrinath,

i will check once.if any thing is there  i  will ping you .

best regards

veerendra

0 Likes