Getting started with FX2 - Xylo-EM - Linux

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm very new to FPGAs and trying to get a simple program to download to my Xylo-EM board. I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 and I've installed cyusb_linux. When I run cyusb_linux, it recognizes the board. I compiled a simple program to make an LED blink as a .hexout file using Quartus and I think it's correct, but I can't get it to run. I can't get Quartus to find my board, so I'm trying to download it to external RAM in cyusb_linux. It will download, but it doesn't do anything. Are these files even compatible? What am I missing here?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The KNJN baord are officially supported only in windows OS. In linux, you need to use  a windows emulator or use the board in JTAG mode.

Are you trying to connect detect the board in quartus using cyusb? Please note that cyusb is specific to FX2 board and will not work with quartus to detect the FPGA.

Please refer page 50 in the below document:

http://www.knjn.com/docs/KNJN%20FX2%20FPGA%20boards.pdf

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, that would explain why I was having so much trouble. Now I'm trying to configure the FPGA using Windows Vista. I've done everything up to page 10 in that pdf and it's working so far. I have the driver configured and I see the board when I run USB Console. Then on p.11 it mentions running "FPGAconf". I've looked all around and I don't see that program. Is that something from KNJN that should have come with my board?

0 Likes