Getting Start with example Bulkloop fail

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

I'm new to CY7C68013A and try to do the example bulkloop to start.

After I load the bulkloop.hex into my board's ram ,the  "USB Control Center" can NOT find the board anymore.

But I can still find my board "Cypress FX2LP Sample Device" through the windows device manager.

Can anyone give a hand?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

As Frank mentioned, the firmware examples that use the 7-segment display will not work on custom boards. This is because these firmware examples are provided to test the functionality with the CY3684 DVK. The CY3684 has on-board I2C expander ICs which might not be used with custom boards. Hence, the default firmware examples that use these 7-segment LEDs or the push buttons present on the CY3684 boards will get stuck during enumeration and would not be seen in the Control Center.

To avoid this problem, the following two lines implemented in the firmware must be commented out.

EZUSB_WriteI2C(LED_ADDR, 0x01, &(Digit[AlternateSetting]));

EZUSB_WaitForEEPROMWrite(LED_ADDR);

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you close the control center and open again.

0 Likes

Hi , I have same issue,too

"Cypress USB BulkloopExample" is showed on my Windows's Device Manage

But "USB Control Center" can't find it

0 Likes
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Did you try restarting Control center application? And also please make sure that you are using cyusb3.sys driver (not the older one namely cyusb.sys OR ezusb.sys driver).

Regards,

hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes

Hi,

it seems the bulkloop example from the Cypress Suite USB 3.4.7 is the only one that does not try to write to the 7 segment display of the DVK evaluation board. All the others do try that and wait for write success, which never is acheved on boards not having the 7 segment display.

If you happen to have a board different from the original cypress evaluation board, you have to remove this writing to the 7 segment display (including the wait for write success) and rebuild the firmware in order to have a running firmware.

I modified the streamer firmware from the Cypress Suite USB 3.4.7 accordingly and now the streamer app finds the programmed device and runs with it.

0 Likes

Hello,

As Frank mentioned, the firmware examples that use the 7-segment display will not work on custom boards. This is because these firmware examples are provided to test the functionality with the CY3684 DVK. The CY3684 has on-board I2C expander ICs which might not be used with custom boards. Hence, the default firmware examples that use these 7-segment LEDs or the push buttons present on the CY3684 boards will get stuck during enumeration and would not be seen in the Control Center.

To avoid this problem, the following two lines implemented in the firmware must be commented out.

EZUSB_WriteI2C(LED_ADDR, 0x01, &(Digit[AlternateSetting]));

EZUSB_WaitForEEPROMWrite(LED_ADDR);

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes