Fx3 Firmware example code build failure

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I just got started with the fx3. After importing the example firmware given with the SDK I get the following error when I try to build them

C:/Program Files (x86)/Cypress/EZ-USB FX3 SDK/1.3/ARM GCC/bin/cs-make --no-print-directory post-build

/usr/bin/sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `('

/usr/bin/sh: -c: line 0: `C:/Program Files (x86)/Cypress/EZ-USB FX3 SDK/1.3/ARM GCC/bin/cs-make --no-print-directory post-build'

cs-make: *** [USBBulkLoopAuto.elf] Error 1

I have copied over all the projects during Import.

Any help would be appreciated.

regards

Dhaval

0 Likes
1 Solution
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Thank you for confirmation.  Following is a LOG of post-build step on my Windows 7 64bit PC.

'Finished building target: USBBulkLoopAuto1p3p3.elf'

' '

cs-make --no-print-directory post-build

'Generate boot-loadable binary image'

'C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\/util/elf2img/elf2img.exe' -i USBBulkLoopAuto1p3p3.elf -o USBBulkLoopAuto1p3p3.img -v

Note: 256 bytes of interrupt vector code have been removed from the image.

Use the "-vectorload yes" option to retain this code.

In this step, an IMG file is going to be created from the ELF file.  In you LOG, it seems that the /usr/bin/sh is used to execute the cs-make.  /usr/bin/sh is a shell command used in UNIX-like operating system.  So, I assume that some configuration of eclipse is wrong.

I cannot find out the reason why eclipse uses /usr/bin/sh right now.

If possible, please repair the SDK using the SDK installer.

Regards,

Noriaki

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
NoriTan
Employee
Employee

Are you using the EZ USB Suite (eclipse) IDE?

Did you import an example project to your own workspace?

If you install the "EZ-USB FX3 SDK" on your PC, please refer the "Getting Started with FX3 SDK" document installed with the SDK.  The default location of the PDF document is C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware  Please follow the steps in the section "3 Working with the FX3 SDK"

Regards,

Noriaki

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I am using their IDE and I followed the getting started guide and did exactly the same steps. My colleague was able to build it  without any issues. Th only difference is my operating system is Windows 7 64 bit and his is Windows 10. I am not sure if there is anything different i need to do for windows 7.

0 Likes
NoriTan
Employee
Employee

Thank you for confirmation.  Following is a LOG of post-build step on my Windows 7 64bit PC.

'Finished building target: USBBulkLoopAuto1p3p3.elf'

' '

cs-make --no-print-directory post-build

'Generate boot-loadable binary image'

'C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\/util/elf2img/elf2img.exe' -i USBBulkLoopAuto1p3p3.elf -o USBBulkLoopAuto1p3p3.img -v

Note: 256 bytes of interrupt vector code have been removed from the image.

Use the "-vectorload yes" option to retain this code.

In this step, an IMG file is going to be created from the ELF file.  In you LOG, it seems that the /usr/bin/sh is used to execute the cs-make.  /usr/bin/sh is a shell command used in UNIX-like operating system.  So, I assume that some configuration of eclipse is wrong.

I cannot find out the reason why eclipse uses /usr/bin/sh right now.

If possible, please repair the SDK using the SDK installer.

Regards,

Noriaki

0 Likes