FX3 with 3X4 matrix keypads

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dasuc_3814096
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello,

Any gaudiness in how connect a keypad with fx3. I am planning to interface it with I2C . Any similar examples?    

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

Please use the HID class to implement keypad application. Kindly, refer to the hid_examples firmware that comes with the FX3 SDK as a reference.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

Please use the HID class to implement keypad application. Kindly, refer to the hid_examples firmware that comes with the FX3 SDK as a reference.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Hello,

So the IO(53:56) should be configured for a keypad? by connecting it to the spi gpio pins?

The GpioClock & GpioConfig should be edited in the CyFxHidApplnGpioInit to intialize the spi gpio?

Thanks,

0 Likes

Hello,

Any GPIO pin of FX3 can be used as keypad button. The example shows only a reference implementation.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Hello,

When I use the usbspigpiomode example to initialise the spi pins, I cannot display any debug massages ?

0 Likes

Hello,

- Please let me know if your application requires to send debug messages or the keypad inputs.

- Are you using the SPI pins in its normal SPI mode or as GPIO pins. If you would want to use the SPI pins as GPIOs, please use the CyU3PDeviceGpioOverride() API.

- Kindly, attach the firmware project if possible.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes