Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rjb27
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi,

We are trying to communicate the FX2LP18 device with an EEPROM (C2 load). In the EEPROM we have loaded the LP18_safe firmware available in the \CY3687_MOBL-USB_FX2LP18_DVK\1.0\Firmware\Connect folder (the minimum firmware for the FX2LP18 to be recognized by the PC).

The EEPROM has been written and read by an extern MCU. The data has been correctly stored in the memory since we can read the LP18_safe firmware with the MCU but when we connect the EEPROM (A2 A1 A0 = 0 0 0) with the FX2LP18 device we can not read the first byte (C2). I have attached an oscilloscope capture.

At power on, I suppose that the FX2LP18 directly reads from the first address, I mean, it doesn’t write the address from which it wants to read, so should I see in the capture the value of C2 (11000010) instead of that 0xFF value that appears in the capture?

rjb27_1-1646144228653.png

Best regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi, 

The peripheral address will be included in the FX2LP Read/Write sequence. You may refer to the I2C spec.

Regards,

Mallika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi, 

The peripheral address will be included in the FX2LP Read/Write sequence. You may refer to the I2C spec.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes