FX2LP reset testing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello

AN15456-Guide to a Successful EZ-USB® FX 2LP ™ Hardware Design for 3.3 testing below

They are thinking of checking the operation on the board equipped with FX2LP according to the following test items, but could you please tell me  the detailed test procedure for each test item?

3.3 Testing
Any USB reset circuit should be thoroughly tested. The following tests are recommended:
▪ Cold power up, plugged into USB
▪ Cold power up, unplugged from USB

Q1) There is a Cold power up in the state at the time of the above test, but please tell me specifically what kind of state it should be before plugged and unplugged.is it ok to think that it mean that only the FX2LP board is powered off before plugged/unplugged? 

Q2) Also, please tell me specifically what to check after plugged and unplugged.

▪ Hibernate / resume, plugged into USB
Q3) Please tell me the specific test procedure for the above.

▪ Power cycle, plugged into USB
Q4) Please tell me the details about Power cycle. Also, please tell me the specific test procedure above.

Best Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Yes, cold power-up means powering on from a powered-off state. It should previously be in a powered-off state.

You should check if the reset circuit is following the specifications as mentioned in the datasheet and app note.

You need to check the reset timings in suspend mode and by power cycling (off - on) the device.

Regards,

Mallika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MallikaK_22

Hi,

Yes, cold power-up means powering on from a powered-off state. It should previously be in a powered-off state.

You should check if the reset circuit is following the specifications as mentioned in the datasheet and app note.

You need to check the reset timings in suspend mode and by power cycling (off - on) the device.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello

>▪ Cold power up, unplugged from USB

Regarding the above test items, please tell me the specific confirmation contents when unplugged. The data sheet described  the "TRESET" time, but we are understanding  that this is a necessary item when starting up(OFF->ON) the power supply. What should I check when unplugged(ON->OFF)?

Best Regards

Arai

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi,

The test is cold power-up, unplugged from USB. But it is still a power-up for the device (OFF-ON).

0 Likes