FX2 thermal problem!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
not_A_quitter
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

I’m working on CY7C68013A in one of my projects and I’v been facing a thermal problem where controller gets quite hot when I connect the usb cable. When the usb cable is unplugged the heat seems reasonable. Any thoughts on that will be appreciated?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meghavi
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi,

Please refer to this AN15456 EZ-USB_FX2LP_Hardware_Design and let us know if you are following all the guidelines.

Regards,

Meghavi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Meghavi
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi,

Please refer to this AN15456 EZ-USB_FX2LP_Hardware_Design and let us know if you are following all the guidelines.

Regards,

Meghavi

0 Likes

Thanks Meghavi,

Thats actually what i'm working on right now. After reading this app note i found out that i didn't have a VBUS sensing mechanism in my design; a standalone power design independent of usb VBUS. So i'll try that and i will report my findings for general knowledge. 

0 Likes
not_A_quitter
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

I got another controller from another supplier and its working just fine. The problem had to do with that particular batch of controllers?

0 Likes

Hi,

Yes, this can be a reason. Can you please confirm how many parts you found the same issue? Also, please add the VBUS sensing mechanism for your design.

Regards,

Meghavi

0 Likes

At least three.

0 Likes
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Could you please provide details on where did you purchase these silicon from. Also, please attach a screenshot of the markings on the IC.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes