EZ-USB NX2LP-FLEX nand flash

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
foho_4476016
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys

I'm using CY7C68034 with two nand flashes, first i used "MT29F16G08FAA" from Micron, which i was not able to program using mfg tool, i could just wipe the nand flash and i can not successfully program it, after that i changed the nand flash with "TC58NVG0S3HTA00" from Toshiba and again i can not program the nand flash. i have no idea what is wrong. is there any one to help me? by the way my os is windows 10 pro x64 and the drivers are work properly. look forward to get any help

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

How are you flashing and programming the Flash devices?

Please use the NandMfg.exe (NX2LP Nand Programming Utility) from the NX2LP DVK. Once the NAND flash is detected in the utility, you should be able to Wipe and Program the device with the required configuration selected from File -> Select Configuration from the utility.

Please go through the EZ-USB NX2Lp Development Kit Guide section "3.3.2 NAND FW Packaging Utility " and section "3.3.3 NAND Programming Utility ".

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Seems like there is no problem form the driver side. Can you please let me know if you are using a DVK?

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

It's custom PCB with CY7C68034, the pcb is based on the CY3686 NX2LP-FLEX DVK

0 Likes

Hello,

Compatibility tests have been performed on several NAND flash devices which are listed in NX2LP Compatibility List. Please have a look at these flash devices which will work well.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

I do not think it's a compatibility problem because the Nand flash has almost all characteristics as one of Nand flashes in this compatibility list. but i'm totally confused right now. it simply wouldn't work

0 Likes

Hello,

How are you flashing and programming the Flash devices?

Please use the NandMfg.exe (NX2LP Nand Programming Utility) from the NX2LP DVK. Once the NAND flash is detected in the utility, you should be able to Wipe and Program the device with the required configuration selected from File -> Select Configuration from the utility.

Please go through the EZ-USB NX2Lp Development Kit Guide section "3.3.2 NAND FW Packaging Utility " and section "3.3.3 NAND Programming Utility ".

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes