EZ-USB FX2LP Driver message "A request for the USB device descriptor failed.”

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JS
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins First solution authored First reply posted

I’m using the EZ USB FX2LP Discovery Kit with Windows 10.  I found the set of drivers in this forum, and  did have the driver working once.  But now, when I connect to the board, a window comes up that states “USB Device Not Recognized”.   In Device Manager under “Universal Serial Bus controllers” it shows up as “Cypress FX2LP No EEPROM Device” but has the triangle exclamation point symbol.  Under Device status it shows “This device cannot start. (Code 10)  A request for the USB device descriptor failed.”

I tried to update the driver again but still get the same error.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution
JS
Level 1
Level 1

I kept searching and found that if remove the Boot Selection Jumper (J2), it disconnects the SDA line to the EEPROM and it initialized and can now be programmed again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
JS
Level 1
Level 1

As a follow up, the driver worked with the FX2LP out of the box.  I programmed it with the slave FIFO example program and now the VID is 0000 and the PID is 0002.  I tried adding  %VID_0000&PID_0002.DeviceDesc%=CyUsb3, USB\VID_0000&PID_0002 to cyusb3.inf and that didn't work.

0 Likes
JS
Level 1
Level 1

I kept searching and found that if remove the Boot Selection Jumper (J2), it disconnects the SDA line to the EEPROM and it initialized and can now be programmed again.

0 Likes